Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   SRT8 Jeep GC WK seat conversion!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/srt8-jeep-gc-wk-seat-conversion-22250.html)

05WK 04-23-2011 10:43 PM

SRT8 Jeep GC WK seat conversion!!

I found a full set of 06 SRT8 seats!

Will they fit directly into my 2005 WK Laredo????

I only have power driver seat, but knowing chrysler the plugs for the passenger side are probably there somewhere.....

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-23-2011 11:15 PM

Re: SRT8 Jeep GC WK seat conversion!!

why two threads?

White Chocolate 04-23-2011 11:20 PM

S..........e...........a..........r.......c....... ...h.......

05WK 04-24-2011 07:21 PM

I did, the threads didnt answer, only showed before and after.

I needed to know if they were PnP. Scott answered my question already. The driver side is PnP, but since I dont have a power passenger I would have to have a master electricion do they wiring to the passenger side seat to make them work.

soontobesrt 04-24-2011 07:35 PM

Well actually, it is not plug and play, at least not on an 05. UNLESS you want to pull the seats off the frame and swap with your factory frames. This would be easiest and allow you to retain all factory wiring and features without throwing off your airbag sensors.

I also have an 05 and did the conversion. Its not hard to do but you will have to test the power/ground for the seats and run some leads from factory plug in the floor to the new seat to make the power functions operable, same goes for the passenger side. This is what I did, no big deal but don't have functional airbags at the moment haha (not something to joke about) Ill be swapping seat cushions and frame shortly though. Thread in here somewhere has the info if you search around. G/L

05WK 04-24-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soontobesrt (Post 402388)
Well actually, it is not plug and play, at least not on an 05. UNLESS you want to pull the seats off the frame and swap with your factory frames. This would be easiest and allow you to retain all factory wiring and features without throwing off your airbag sensors.

I also have an 05 and did the conversion. Its not hard to do but you will have to test the power/ground for the seats and run some leads from factory plug in the floor to the new seat to make the power functions operable, same goes for the passenger side. This is what I did, no big deal but don't have functional airbags at the moment haha (not something to joke about) Ill be swapping seat cushions and frame shortly though. Thread in here somewhere has the info if you search around. G/L

Wow, didnt know it would be that much work... I may just have the reupholstered to look like the SRT8 seats. I like the style of them..

Thanks for info!

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-24-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05WK (Post 402401)
Wow, didnt know it would be that much work... I may just have the reupholstered to look like the SRT8 seats. I like the style of them..

Thanks for info!

i completely swapped mine from 08 to 06 and it is very simple. didnt take alot of time at all. the srt seats a millions times more comfortable so just recovering the original seats wont be worth it.

05WK 04-28-2011 01:41 PM

Yeah, got quoted on ONLY vinal recovering.... $1200!!!!!!!!!!!!! REDIC

Im now considering just swapping mine out for some OEM leather seats from another GC. I dont have the passenger side power seat, so I'd have to have the SRT8 wired up to work... tooo much $$ for me right now.

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-28-2011 02:10 PM

if you buy leather seats you will have to remove the leather form the passengers seat and recover your current seat with the leather if you do not want to run power

05WK 04-28-2011 02:20 PM

So the leather in a GC has power on both seats?

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-28-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05WK (Post 405524)
So the leather in a GC has power on both seats?

yes

05WK 04-28-2011 03:50 PM

poop...