Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Are all 430N RHB units supposed to have Travel link? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/are-all-430n-rhb-units-supposed-to-have-travel-link-22308.html)

Nouveau Redneck 04-25-2011 01:28 PM

Are all 430N RHB units supposed to have Travel link?

I see the threads on here about the Travel Link software update being available, and I went back and looked at my window sticker and it doesn't mention Travel Link at all. I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the Hemi engine and the Adaptive Cruise Control package. On the window sticker it mentions the 430N RHB and the 1 year Sirius Satellite Radio Subscription, but it doesn't mention the Travel Link feature at all.

How can I tell if I'm supposed to have it? Or are all 430N RHB units supposed to have it?

Slckevin 04-25-2011 02:10 PM

Re: Are all 430N RHB units supposed to have Travel link?

According to the TSB there was about 930 Jeeps that had the TravelLink listed on the window sticker and those that did would receive this update via mail. But the update that is being sent out should be able to be loaded on any 430N. Personally on my window sticker it had no mention of TravelLink but I loaded up this new software with no issues and can use the all features. I don't see why these lucky 930 people would be the only ones able to use this feature if we have the same exact head unit.

tks2010 04-25-2011 02:12 PM

Check your Sirius subscription. Mine does not have it on the sticker but it is listed on my Sirius subscription. It was also on the original build list for the vehicle. I am trying to get Chrysler to honor the deal they are giving for people with travel link listed on their window sticker (i.e, A ONE YEAR EXTENTION OF THE SIRIUS SUBSCRIPTION). There is really no difference for many of us who were promised travel link. To answer your question directly, I am not sure whether everyone who purchased a 2011 jeep GC with a 430N were told they would have travel link. I ordered mine in Sept 2010 and took delivery in November. At the very least, your 430n has the capability to run travel link if you download the software. You would have to pay for it if it is not listed on your subscription. I didn't receive a disk but I downloaded it and it works great. I am just looking for the subscription extention.

dckcentuar 04-25-2011 02:56 PM

I agree Its on my build list also 1 year of travel link service if they extend others they should extend ours also if its on the build list as 1 year travel link the code is X9FP- 1-year Sirius Travel Link Service

mjw930 04-25-2011 05:12 PM

In addition, the printed (pdf) manual for the RHB shows this as a standard feature so yes, I would insist that ALL 430N's are owed the Travel Link update. Legally, you are only owed the extended service if it was on your window sticker. The build sheet is not public property, if you notice it specifically states;

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL: This information is provided to DEALER, in accordance with Section 4 of DEALER's Software License, Data Exchange and Electronic Commerce Agreement with Chrysler Group LLC. All information provided is based on entries provided by DEALER.

BUT, there's nothing stopping you from hammering the dealer to get your subscription extended. All they can do is say no.

Nouveau Redneck 04-27-2011 04:05 PM

I received a lette in the mail a few weeks after I bought my Overland with the 430N so I just got it out to read it again. The letter only mentions the 1 year Sirius Satellite Radio subscription but not the Travel Link. It also gave me my account number and an on-line user ID, but no password. I just called sirius to get my password and the lady was very nice and set me up with a password and at the end she said that my account has 1 year of free satellite radio AND 1 year of free Tavel Link, woohoo!!!