Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Halo/Angel Eyes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/halo-angel-eyes-22314.html)

NHWK05 04-25-2011 03:33 PM

Halo/Angel Eyes

So not that i am getting any any time soon but whats the best brand/place to get them these days now that the group buys are done?

Chaoul1 04-25-2011 05:21 PM

Re: Halo/Angel Eyes

FlashTech. I bought mine in the group buy. I sold them because I'm going another route with my front end.

robpp 04-25-2011 05:33 PM

i have a set i could part with......

6K/AMBER Lo Hi Fog

send a PM if you interested.

triggasrt 04-27-2011 10:42 AM

Flashtechs are awesome! I am installing some right now and they fit really good! I had to dremel the holes out for where the wires go through the headlight bezelk but after i got that right they fit perfectly and are really bright! I think they look awesome!

robpp 04-27-2011 11:50 AM

^^^^^ make sure you attach the ring WELL to the insert. I have seen some fall off.

I actually used safety wire on my current ones.

triggasrt 04-28-2011 11:12 AM

^^I used some 3M double sided rubber tape. Its really strong stuff. Its kinda thick and I put a piece in between every chip on the back side of the Halo so I think behind each complete Halo ring is about 8-10 pieces of 3M double sided rubber. I guess time will tell if it holds because i dont think i will ever get my headlights apart again using the 3M Windo-Weld stuff. That crap is sticky as hell!!! lol

soontobesrt 05-02-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggasrt (Post 405316)
^^I used some 3M double sided rubber tape. Its really strong stuff. Its kinda thick and I put a piece in between every chip on the back side of the Halo so I think behind each complete Halo ring is about 8-10 pieces of 3M double sided rubber. I guess time will tell if it holds because i dont think i will ever get my headlights apart again using the 3M Windo-Weld stuff. That crap is sticky as hell!!! lol

How is the window weld stuff? Good on plastics I guess? Anyone know how it compares to rubber butyl or maybe its the same stuff? Im just looking for something nice to reseal my headlights with so I have no condensation issues :(

DAVY27 05-02-2011 11:49 AM

window weld ftw! it sealed up mine great and you can reopen it by heating it up

NHWK05 05-02-2011 02:23 PM

You guys make me hate myself for not getting in on that group buy for these. lol

triggasrt 05-04-2011 12:19 PM

I love my Halos! Im obsessed with turning them on lol I have them wired to my parking lights but think I am gonna wire them up so they come on when my Jeep starts up. :)
It was a lot of work I will admit but well worth it. All I can say is patients is a virture!! Do not rush this mod and make sure you have all the stuff needed to do them before hand. Hardest part is getting your headlights apart that is really what takes the most patients. If you have any questions on what you need or how to do it just PM me I can help.