Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Another Auto display ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/another-auto-display-22318.html)

skinny 04-25-2011 04:43 PM

Another Auto display ?

If you have the setting on auto for the radio, when is it suppose to change? For example If I turn my headlights on during the day I can barely see radio the display. Should it automatically brighten up?

I'm sure I have the dial set properly. I have it set after the two clicks from the top.

All the way up interior lights and full bright display
One click down no interior lights full bright on display
I have it right after this

mjw930 04-25-2011 05:25 PM

Re: Another Auto display ?

It changes when the headlights come on. The second notch is to allow you to brighten the radio if the headlights are on during the day (like when it's raining but still bright out).

skinny 04-25-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 403033)
It changes when the headlights come on. The second notch is to allow you to brighten the radio if the headlights are on during the day (like when it's raining but still bright out).

So it doesn't auto bright during the day if the light are on. I have been doing it manually like you said.

mjw930 04-28-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinny (Post 403060)
So it doesn't auto bright during the day if the light are on. I have been doing it manually like you said.

If I understand your question then no, it doesn't know it's daytime so whenever the lights come on it will dim the radio unless it's set to the second detente. I found out why on my trip this week. When the wipers and lights are set to auto the headlights will come on when the wipers sense enough rain to activate significantly (not sure of the threshold) and the nav will go into night mode. It happened a couple times when it was bright out but a ton of spray from 18 wheelers so I know it wasn't the light sensor that triggered the lights. I used the second detente many times on the 1100 mile first leg of our vacation.

skinny 05-02-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 405871)
If I understand your question then no, it doesn't know it's daytime so whenever the lights come on it will dim the radio unless it's set to the second detente. I found out why on my trip this week. When the wipers and lights are set to auto the headlights will come on when the wipers sense enough rain to activate significantly (not sure of the threshold) and the nav will go into night mode. It happened a couple times when it was bright out but a ton of spray from 18 wheelers so I know it wasn't the light sensor that triggered the lights. I used the second detente many times on the 1100 mile first leg of our vacation.

Exactly. I thought it might have a sensor to determine brightness, so if the lights are on and it's sunny it would go to the bright mode. In other words it's just connected to the lights so to speak. If the lights come on it switches to night mode(dim) regardless of the time of day.