Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Car Rental in the US (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/car-rental-in-the-us-22350.html)

jugganator 04-26-2011 10:52 AM

Car Rental in the US

i know a bit off topic, but coming to the states for a holiday soon, and have rented a "jeep grand cherokee" or similar car, i am hoping that dollar now have the wk2 fleet, can anyone confirm?

Scottina06 04-26-2011 11:13 AM

Re: Car Rental in the US

it really depends on the locations. According to an enterprise I rented from a couple weeks ago...the grand cherokee is their most popular SUV. They had to get one from another location for me.

jugganator 04-27-2011 03:04 AM

the place in sanford florida normally have jeeps, the last two times i fly into that airport i got jeeps. :) So seeing as i have an overland at home, i was hoping they would have the new WK2, i know it will probably be the base model, still its newer than mine. And i have specifically asked for a Jeep. :D fingers crossed.

wynnrs 04-27-2011 07:19 AM

Last two visits to Minneapolis I rented a full size car from National and they gave me a new JGC. Really nice to be in a familiar ride.

Bign1976 04-27-2011 08:36 AM

I rented from National at the Tampa Airport. Reserved a Grand Cherokee or similar, got a brand new Durango with 15 miles on it.

jugganator 04-27-2011 08:54 AM

The new Duragno looks a bit dog to me, correct me if I am wrong, isnt the Jeep GC classed as a middle class income car in the US? If its not there, you def need money to run it here seeing as a gallon costs about $9.

I remember when i had my last rental, being a black JGC it used to get attention all the time.

Ernest 04-27-2011 10:02 AM

I spent a week in Vegas recently. Looked into renting a new JGC from Enterprise, but they wanted $120. per day.

ChrisL1976 04-27-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugganator (Post 404464)
correct me if I am wrong, isnt the Jeep GC classed as a middle class income car in the US? I

I think a $35-45k vehicle is out of the middle income range. Thats just my opinion.

jugganator 04-28-2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest (Post 404511)
I spent a week in Vegas recently. Looked into renting a new JGC from Enterprise, but they wanted $120. per day.

Jesus, thats a lot i got a JGC, tank of gas, additional drivers for 2wks around $35 per day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisL1976 (Post 404529)
I think a $35-45k vehicle is out of the middle income range. Thats just my opinion.

Really? thought middle income was anything about 90k etc. Maybe UK, US have different ideas of middle income.

hammer1234 05-13-2011 12:14 PM

We rented a Jeep GC from Budget in SLC back in February. The drive up from SLC to Park City was a good test of the V6 and being able to rent the Jeep helped in our decision to buy one.

bselman 05-13-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugganator (Post 405129)
Really? thought middle income was anything about 90k etc. Maybe UK, US have different ideas of middle income.

That's a relative statement. Your poor in NYC, LA, Chi-Town or the like with that income range. Your middle in the suburbs of those cities. Your wealthy in 'other' areas. Your the King in the area's that are remote.

Bmwister 05-13-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bselman (Post 414329)
That's a relative statement. Your poor in NYC, LA, Chi-Town or the like with that income range. Your middle in the suburbs of those cities. Your wealthy in 'other' areas. Your the King in the area's that are remote.

Very true. I know people who pay $40,000+ in Cook County property taxes each year. Chicago/Cook County/IL is a brutally expensive place to live if you want to live comfortably and have some toys.