Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   New Purchase - 2006 GC Limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/new-purchase-2006-gc-limited-22430.html)

TigerFire58 04-27-2011 03:59 PM

New Purchase - 2006 GC Limited

Guys,

I have enjoyed reading the blogs, and really started getting Jeep fever. Since I am a new Jeep owner, I decided to join and jump in. Just bought a 2006 GC Limited, 4.7, 4x2, non-nav, 100% stock......the first order business was a wash and wax, oil/filter (synthetic) and new wiper blades. Obviously just the nec. stuff to be able to let it run without me cringing. I am unaware of the maint history on the vehicle, and at 70k miles, im assuming all fluids/belts etc. should be checked, if not replaced. Id hate to spray cologne on athletes foot (make since?) Firm believer in "go" just as much as "show".

This will be a daily driver, nothing crazy off road, made a smiple trail or two when hunting. It just recently got 245/65/17 Faulken Roky Mt ATS tires, wrapped in stock rims, so tires wont be needed for awhile. I dont plan on a lift, or a lower. Did like some pics of the HID lights, the LED reverse/brake lights, and LED interior lights. Will most likely change the mats out as well, maybe a intake if it helps with fuel mileage?

As a fireman, the budget will be low, and the process will be long. I just got engaged, so paying off that sparkly thing will take most of my budget to begin with lol. Im not looking for a show stopper, nor am i looking to be laughing stock. I good mixture between, power, performance, sound, and appearance.

Any tips on easy (as im not to to car savvy, but ok) or bang for your buck type mods for a first time jeep owner would be appreciated. Any websites you more expirenced crowd have found to be great gems with good selection/prices, would be appreciated as well! Appreciate the help guys!

-Brooks

Archer9 04-27-2011 05:47 PM

Re: New Purchase - 2006 GC Limited

Enjoy your Jeep, TF. You can always decide to mod it (or not) once you get to know it better. They ride very nice in stock setup.

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-27-2011 05:53 PM

some cheap but good mods include window tint, tail light tint, hids, interior leds, and some others i cant think of right now.

dcjeepgc 04-27-2011 06:52 PM

Welcome to the GC crowd! I like the advice the previous member gave...drive it for a while, keep checking out this forum and the DIY as well as the Performance and Visual Mods sections to get ideas and read what other owners feel about them. Once you decide on a look you're after then you can start the modding process...or not. My suggestion is that you do as much of the work yourself. This makes it more satisfying as most of these mods that the other members have done can be done with a set of simple tools and some know how. Personally I love the WK platform.

TigerFire58 04-28-2011 07:06 AM

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I am slowing but surely learning my way around the site, just found the vis and diy mod areas. Much appreciated!