Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Quadralift FAILED (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/quadralift-failed-22444.html)

patschamps2004 04-27-2011 08:34 PM

Quadralift FAILED

:mad::mad::mad:Ok, I hate to be negative, but my quadrlift failed today on my 3 week old summit v8 with 2k miles. I got in the car and a warning appeared when I started the vehicle. It said something along the lines of... air suspension failure, IMMEDIATE REPAIR/SERVICE NEEDED. I tried to drive the car, but it felt like it had sunk down and was riding on rails. Not happy. Chrysler roadside picked it up and took it to the dealer. Oh yeah, I was already upset because of an annoying rattling in the headliner by the DVD. Needles to say, I am sour about this. Combined with some of the idiotic mishaps like no manuals and a lot of the negative commentary on this message board, I am starting to question my purhcase. Of course, if the dealer rectifies the problem all will be fine... We shall see...:confused:

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-27-2011 08:44 PM

Re: Quadralift FAILED

isnt the manual on dvd? there is also a version in the apple app store for free

J13ntv 04-27-2011 08:51 PM

It will get fixed.. and this board is for positive and negatives.. But all you see is the negatives.

Wilco 04-27-2011 08:58 PM

Call #877-847-7166 for the paper manuals. I called and had them delivered N/C to my door in 4 days.

This is what they sent me:

1- Owners manual
2- Uconnect Users manual
3- 730N(RER) users manual. ( I don't need this one.)
4- 730N(RHR) users manual.
5- Warranty booklet

JoeSchmoe007 04-27-2011 09:45 PM

There is a small "shelf" at the top of glove compartment - this is where my manual was

bobkbusch 04-27-2011 09:52 PM

I understand your frustration...my Overland is going to the dealer tomorrow for the fourth time to try and fix my Quadra-Lift.

However, I remain optimistic because they are trying VERY HARD and working closely with the Chrysler engineers to narrow down/solve the problem. Obviously, it is a new system for Jeep and there are apparently a few bugs. I am convinced, because of a conversation with my service manager, that Jeep/Chrysler is placing a very high priority on resolving the issues.

Check the other threads on this board for some guidance on the QL problems. Most have been resolved with a new control module or a new compressor. The "codes" captured by the onboard computer have not been useful to resolve my QL problem. However, just mentioning the anecdotal evidence I've gained from reading the threads on this board have helped in my conversation with the service manager to narrow down the possible culprit in my system.

Good luck!

jp467 04-27-2011 10:45 PM

I can also understand the frustration with this. I just had my compressor replaced yesterday. It seems like a lot of the problems people are having turn out to be either the control module or compressor. In your case it sounds like you lost the whole suspension so maybe you have a leak and lost the nitrogen charge or maybe the compressor failed. It will get fixed chrysler's star team is aware of the issues and what to look for.

Milous 04-28-2011 03:08 AM

Jeep has just released a 10-page Air Suspension System Diagnosis bulletin to all service departments. This should help immensely in the diagnostics and repair of the QL system.

STIX 04-28-2011 06:07 PM

Mine went in for the third time...control module last time, so this time will be the compressor. My svc mgr is very into this issue....he says anyone can swap parts, I wanna get to the bottom of this for you. I love his attitude.

patschamps2004 05-02-2011 08:45 PM

My car has been at the dealer since last wednesday night. They still cannot replicate the problem. They asked if I drove it through a car wash or in the rain.... Of course I have. Shouldnt a 50k list jeep be able to handle rain and car washes.... Shouldnt a yugo.... So, they are keeping my car until Thursday so that they can drive it in the rain and see if they can trigger the error message again. Needless to say, I am not happy, but they are working on it and I am in a loner car...... Such a great way to enjoy my new jeep. BTW, I mentioned the headliner rattle problem that I had andthey fixed it. I have yet to mention the issues with the 730n rhr and the outside thermometer sometimes not working, but...... My suggestion is for anybody contemplating buying one of these cars, WAIT. Let them get the kinks out of this one. That being said. Excluding these problems, which I hope are a mere memory in the near future, my jeep is excellent and a great value. I had a major issue with my Q7 after about 15k miles (8 months of driving) and after that all was good. Lets hope that is the case with this vehicle.

jp467 05-02-2011 09:04 PM

Didn't you know your not supposed to get these things wet?... Just Kidding. Maybe request that they replace the control module. It's easy to change right under the drivers seat and seems to be the source of alot of the problems people have with the QL system.

andyh 05-02-2011 10:46 PM

Dealer ordered a new compressor for mine today. :chug: