Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Jeep is "grounded" on delivery and April incentives (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/jeep-is-grounded-on-delivery-and-april-incentives-22465.html)

Hodnick 04-28-2011 08:02 AM

Jeep is "grounded" on delivery and April incentives

Hey All,

I've been tracking my jeep since early March on the vehicle tracker and it states it was delivered on 4/26, but the dealer told me that the shipping company reported it delivered when it's really not just so they can get paid sooner. They said they expect it within the next 3-4 days...but has this happened to anyone else?

Also does anyone know if there are any incentives in April for the overland summit? Since the dealer recommended I wait till Tuesday to pick up the vehicle, since I could get any May incentives (if there are any). It's hard waiting though!

thanks!

IndyBob 04-28-2011 09:33 AM

Re: Jeep is "grounded" on delivery and April incentives

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodnick (Post 405170)
Hey All,

I've been tracking my jeep since early March on the vehicle tracker and it states it was delivered on 4/26, but the dealer told me that the shipping company reported it delivered when it's really not just so they can get paid sooner. They said they expect it within the next 3-4 days...but has this happened to anyone else?

Also does anyone know if there are any incentives in April for the overland summit? Since the dealer recommended I wait till Tuesday to pick up the vehicle, since I could get any May incentives (if there are any). It's hard waiting though!

thanks!

Somehow that does not sound right. I would think that the receiving dealer would be the one to update the Jeep database that the vehicle was received and not the truck driver.

Hodnick 04-28-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyBob (Post 405226)
Somehow that does not sound right. I would think that the receiving dealer would be the one to update the Jeep database that the vehicle was received and not the truck driver.

That's what I was thinking. I just hope my new baby isn't being subjected to the horrible test drives by future customers/dealership employees :mad:

Maybe I should drive to the dealership tonight to look for it.

oldguy 04-28-2011 12:00 PM

I am slightly confused how you can order a factory build vehicle at an agreed to price and if an incentive program is introduced before but during delivery will the incentive automatically be applied to the agreed to deal? For example freight rebate, factory discount, etc.

If yes, is this also true for Canada? I ordered mid March and was told 10-12 weeks.

kmt16 04-28-2011 01:55 PM

We agreed on a price when I ordered mine and received a $500 rebate in the mail about a month after I placed the order. Called the dealer and asked if he would honor the rebate and he did without hesitation.

Hodnick 04-28-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldguy (Post 405350)
I am slightly confused how you can order a factory build vehicle at an agreed to price and if an incentive program is introduced before but during delivery will the incentive automatically be applied to the agreed to deal? For example freight rebate, factory discount, etc.

If yes, is this also true for Canada? I ordered mid March and was told 10-12 weeks.

We agreed to a price which I was happy with and the Dealer was willing to sell the vehicle to me at when we placed the order (no paper work signed, but I have it in writting they accept the price). I believe any incentives come directly from Jeep and they dealer does not lose anything...

I really like the dealership I'm working with and (hope) they are just trying to get me the best price possible. But I'm just puzzled by the entire delivery tracking issue.

Mlebout 04-28-2011 03:15 PM

Delivery discrepancy does not sound right. Is it possible he sold yours to someone else and had another already on order to replace yours??? Hope not! Check the serial number...

Regarding incentives and specials, my dealer (and another in Montreal) told me if an incentive became available, after I ordered and before I do the final purchase, it would be applied.

Cherodude 04-28-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldguy (Post 405350)

My dealer honoured a $500 factory incentive that kicked in after I had signed a custom order, which became effective a few days before delivery. The dealer still gets the same profit.

dobiegillis 04-28-2011 07:38 PM

Negotiated price and incentives are two separate things. You can negotiate a price with your salesman 2 months in advance but you will still only qualify for the incentives the manufacturer offers on the day you take delivery of the vehicle. Remember you are buying the car from a licensed independent franchisee, not Chrysler, which is why you may get offered different prices by different dealers. The rebates come direct from Chrysler, so in a sense they are separate transactions...well sort of.

Hodnick 04-30-2011 09:42 AM

Ok, I just got off the phone with the dealership and they said my Jeep is undergoing a "Safety Check" and will not be ready until Monday. But it arrived at the dealership on the 26th..

What's the deal? Is this even legit, or are they driving it over the weekend? Should I be upset if it has more then 15-20 miles on it?

Mlebout 04-30-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodnick (Post 406598)
Ok, I just got off the phone with the dealership and they said my Jeep is undergoing a "Safety Check" and will not be ready until Monday. But it arrived at the dealership on the 26th..

What's the deal? Is this even legit, or are they driving it over the weekend? Should I be upset if it has more then 15-20 miles on it?

You're a very patient person. I would already be upset that it has been at the dealers for 4 days and you don't have it yet. Plus, it seems like they lied to you about the delivery! Not sure of your options for other dealerships. But, I would call them back and tell them you are picking it up today, so finish whatever "safety checks" you need to do! If they claim the person who does the safety checks doesn't work Saturdays. Tell them you'll bring it back for the checks, at your convenience. If not, get on the internet and search other dealers for something similar.

Hope you get it today!

Hodnick 04-30-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mlebout (Post 406627)
You're a very patient person. I would already be upset that it has been at the dealers for 4 days and you don't have it yet. Plus, it seems like they lied to you about the delivery! Not sure of your options for other dealerships. But, I would call them back and tell them you are picking it up today, so finish whatever "safety checks" you need to do! If they claim the person who does the safety checks doesn't work Saturdays. Tell them you'll bring it back for the checks, at your convenience. If not, get on the internet and search other dealers for something similar.

Hope you get it today!

Thanks Mlebout, it's good to hear from others that I have a reason to be upset and I'm not crazy :)

So I talked to the dealer again today and they told me "We just got it yesterday", despite Milous's tracker telling me 4/26. So I'm going in Monday morning to get it and will just live with it.