Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   iphone 4 communication error - was this fixed in 2.402? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/iphone-4-communication-error-was-this-fixed-in-2-402-a-22522.html)

RenegadeNY 04-29-2011 12:09 PM

iphone 4 communication error - was this fixed in 2.402?

I see most messages were geared towards the 2.402 fix and the phone bluetooth issues but does anyone know if the 'communications error' was fixed when connecting the phone to the ipod cable?

This worked for a month back in November -- I was able to listen to my iphone music through the ipod cable.... and then suddenly, communication error ever since.

Thanks!

sbraun 04-29-2011 04:41 PM

Re: iphone 4 communication error - was this fixed in 2.402?

After I took delivery of my new 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland in Calgary just before Christmas 2010 I called Sirius Canada and inquired about the Travel Link feature. I was told at that time that the Travel Link service was a feature offered by the XM side of the house and the Competition Bureau had not given it's blessing to the merger of Sirius and XM in Canada. However, I see from Sirius Canada's web site that the Competition Bureau has given notice that it will not appose the merger. I called Sirius Canada back and they confirmed that the merger should be complete by late June. They also confirmed that Travel Link will be offer though they have no pricing info at this time.

The update to which you referred deals with a problem in the Media Center 430N software that prevents it from accessing Travel Link even though it is available in the US.

vikingdave 04-29-2011 04:47 PM

No, it does not.

RenegadeNY 04-29-2011 06:07 PM

Not sure what your response has to do with my question.. oh and I'm referring to the 730 RER.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraun (Post 406338)
After I took delivery of my new 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland in Calgary just before Christmas 2010 I called Sirius Canada and inquired about the Travel Link feature. I was told at that time that the Travel Link service was a feature offered by the XM side of the house and the Competition Bureau had not given it's blessing to the merger of Sirius and XM in Canada. However, I see from Sirius Canada's web site that the Competition Bureau has given notice that it will not appose the merger. I called Sirius Canada back and they confirmed that the merger should be complete by late June. They also confirmed that Travel Link will be offer though they have no pricing info at this time.

The update to which you referred deals with a problem in the Media Center 430N software that prevents it from accessing Travel Link even though it is available in the US.

mhassler 05-02-2011 08:10 AM

i think sbraun is a bit confused by the question...

I have a 730N RER and I've never had issues when using the iPod connector for playing music. I did have problems with the Bluetooth and I had problems with my Sirius constantly ACQUIRING SIGNAL. The update to v2.402 fixed both errors.

Very simple to do. Search the forum and you will find the site and the instructions. NOTE: make sure you name the file properly or the Jeeps HD wont recognize it. That was source of my frustration for a week or two when trying to perform the fix, I just generically named the file.

RenegadeNY 05-02-2011 01:33 PM

I'll try the update tonight to address the phone issues and the acquiring signal problem...

however, I'm going mad trying to understand why both my iphone 4 and my wifes 3gs get communication errors when using the ipod connector.

I'll probably try the fuse removal thing I've read about.. perhaps it'll reset the hardware properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhassler (Post 407559)
I have a 730N RER and I've never had issues when using the iPod connector for playing music. I did have problems with the Bluetooth and I had problems with my Sirius constantly ACQUIRING SIGNAL. The update to v2.402 fixed both errors.