Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Help! Order Change at D1... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/help-order-change-at-d1-22542.html)

Mlebout 04-29-2011 06:07 PM

Help! Order Change at D1...

I've decided to change the motor to the V8. I called my dealer this afternoon, but he was gone til Monday. Spoke to another salesman, and explained my status (see below) and asked if it was too late to change the motor, he said no and that they would make the change Monday morning. I'm not sure if he knows or not.

It's going to be a long weekend, wondering if I am able to make this change??? Has anyone made any changes to their order after the status went to D1?

Date ordered: 04/18/2011
D1 status date: 04/22/2011
Current status: D1
Estimated delivery: 05/14/2011

Thanks,

jeepster23 04-29-2011 06:10 PM

Re: Help! Order Change at D1...

I highly doubt it once it hits D1 thats it my friend.

Dan JGC 04-29-2011 06:34 PM

D1 a week ago? It may already be in the process of being built since the build status doesn't change until I - built pending inspection. It would take a top top top Jeep guy in the HQ to change it and only if it hasn't been assembled yet.

Mlebout 04-29-2011 06:47 PM

Thanks guys. I kind of suspected that. But, salesman said "no problem, changing the order"! Maybe the dealer will take it and I'll be able to order another with the Hemi. Was kinda hoping to leave a big carbon foot print behind, as I don't have kids...

Tony007 04-29-2011 08:08 PM

I had the Pano added back on and dropped the DVD player AFTER I was in D1. They had to get the rep involved but YES they pulled it off. It can be done. Have them contact their rep ASAP..

Mlebout 04-29-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony007 (Post 406427)
I had the Pano added back on and dropped the DVD player AFTER I was in D1. They had to get the rep involved but YES they pulled it off. It can be done. Have them contact their rep ASAP..

Thanks for that. I had the Dealer reps contact info, so right after I got off the phone with the salesman I sent her a written request. We'll see what happens. Do you remember how long yours was in D1 when you asked for the change?

Thanks again,

Tony007 04-29-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mlebout (Post 406433)
Thanks for that. I had the Dealer reps contact info, so right after I got off the phone with the salesman I sent her a written request. We'll see what happens. Do you remember how long yours was in D1 when you asked for the change?

Thanks again,

Less than a week, but after that it seemed to sit in D1 forever :lol:

Mlebout 04-30-2011 10:59 AM

I assume it sat in D1 because of the order change.

Thanks!

AAAA 04-30-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mlebout (Post 406397)
Thanks guys. I kind of suspected that. But, salesman said "no problem, changing the order"! Maybe the dealer will take it and I'll be able to order another with the Hemi. Was kinda hoping to leave a big carbon foot print behind, as I don't have kids...

Well, in that case let the dealer sell this one. Wait 'til June and order the 2012 SRT8. That'll be some big carbon footprint for sure!

Mlebout 04-30-2011 01:52 PM

:)

Mlebout 05-04-2011 06:27 AM

I was unable to change my order. Can anyone suggest a way to exchange this vehicle? I would think it wouldn't be hard for the dealer to send it off to another dealer, as they seem to be in demand??? After reading about the V8 vs V6 on this forum, I really want the V8...

Thanks,

IndyBob 05-04-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mlebout (Post 408843)
I was unable to change my order. Can anyone suggest a way to exchange this vehicle? I would think it wouldn't be hard for the dealer to send it off to another dealer, as they seem to be in demand??? After reading about the V8 vs V6 on this forum, I really want the V8...

Thanks,

If you have not take delivery of the V6 Jeep yet I would just work with the dealer and ask him to order you another one with the V8. I am sure they can sell the V6 when it comes in.