Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   aftermarket hood options (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/aftermarket-hood-options-22610.html)

jayloop 05-01-2011 01:46 PM

aftermarket hood options

My hood was destroyed by hail damage, so now is a good time to look into aftermarket alternatives. I plan to run a much heavier aftermarket front bumper so I thought a CF hood may offset the weight. According to my extensive thread crawling, here are the options that have been produced:
1. Medic-consensus says it's junk.
2. Black Ops Venom-great product. American made and high quality.
3. Black Ops anti-venom. -not listed on their website. No longer in production?
4. Trufiber Charger style
5. Trufiber Challenger style-not listed on their website, maybe only prototype was produced?

Are there any hoods anyone knows of that I've missed? Also, if the Medic hood has improved I haven't read anything about it. Does anyone know if Medic hoods have been revamped to work out quality/fitment issues?
Thanks!

robpp 05-01-2011 01:56 PM

Re: aftermarket hood options

medic hood is made by Fiber Images. company sucks ass. not sure if they changed anything lately.

all the rest you nailed. thats the LIST/

NHWK05 05-01-2011 02:04 PM

Which hood is supped to be the mustang or WK2 SRT8 style hood?

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-01-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 407087)
Which hood is supped to be the mustang or WK2 SRT8 style hood?

the anti-venom, it looks awesome on WKs

MasterWK 05-01-2011 03:21 PM

What happened to the anti-venom? It's no longer on the site...

jayloop 05-01-2011 03:58 PM

I emailed them to ask about it. Chad from BlackOps replied to say they aren't making the anti-venom anymore. I'm amazed he emailed me back within a couple of hours on a Sunday! So it looks like the Only Black Ops hood is the Venom, which may be a little overkill with all the other mods I'm running. I was hoping for something a little more subtle.

jeff05wk 05-01-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 407080)
medic hood is made by Fiber Images. company sucks ass.

That's too bad because of all the options I think the medic hood looks the best.

jayloop 05-01-2011 08:06 PM

I agree. At first it was by far choice #1 for me but it is most expensive and worst quality from what everyone has said. I appreciate all the input!

parry69 05-02-2011 06:47 AM

being that i have the trufiber charger style hood, i still think its the best hood made for our trucks. second would be subtle traits that are in the anti-venom, being that the new wk2 srt has the same one.

i dont think trufiber has any of the jeep hoods on their website. im still puzzled as to why this hood cost between $900-1300, yet all the charger hoods cost between $500-600

jayloop 05-02-2011 09:51 AM

they have the charger style hood on their website, but not the challenger stye. I'm going to contact them today to see if they ever got it into production. I'm the type of person that has to evaluate EVERY option before making a decision, which sometimes makes things complicated :)

Relwarc 05-02-2011 09:58 AM

i love my antivenom hood. It's not being made currently, but it might not be completely dead! There are only 3 or 4 in exhistence as far as i know... and i'm proud to have #00002!

BlackedOutWK 05-03-2011 06:13 PM

challenger style would look so good!