Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Hail damage (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/hail-damage-22631.html)

jtark82rx 05-01-2011 10:58 PM

Hail damage

At work the other day when a storm came upon us and dropped golf ball to tennis ball size hail all over my WK2, resulting in $8K in damages. Basically the whole frame will have to be replaced. Has anything like this happened to anyone else here or am I the unluckiest bastard on this whole forum? Less than a month ago, my wife backed the Overland up into a work truck and I had to have the step pad and chrome bezel on the back bumper replaced. I'm starting to think my new ride is cursed.

J13ntv 05-01-2011 10:59 PM

Re: Hail damage

That sucks! Sorry to hear that, so they are replacing mostly all the body panels huh?

Dang

Those storms have been crazy what I read about.

jtark82rx 05-01-2011 11:23 PM

Will have to have a new roof, hood, part of the liftgate will have to be placed, and all new chrome panels around all the windows, new roof rack rails, etc, etc, etc. Several of my employees' cars were totaled because of it. It's been to hard to keep from crying myself to sleep at night. The storms have been brutal...at least I don't live in Alabama as it seems like they got it the worst.

Candy Girl 05-02-2011 12:28 AM

Sorry to hear this jtark82rx. WOW! these storms are very frightening. I do hope they are done-both for vehicle damage, but most of all for all the death and sufferings they have brought. Hang in there. Just try to think, "this can be fixed..."

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-02-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtark82rx (Post 407401)
At work the other day when a storm came upon us and dropped golf ball to tennis ball size hail all over my WK2, resulting in $8K in damages. Basically the whole frame will have to be replaced. Has anything like this happened to anyone else here or am I the unluckiest bastard on this whole forum? Less than a month ago, my wife backed the Overland up into a work truck and I had to have the step pad and chrome bezel on the back bumper replaced. I'm starting to think my new ride is cursed.

you're not unlucky report it under comp damage on your insurance policy and it will get covered head to toe with nothing to go against your insurance trust me it wont jack up your rates at all worst case scenario you will get new panels and a fresh paint job time to go custom :D

AAAA 05-02-2011 07:26 AM

Wow. Terrible, but at least it is not structural. How did the windows and pano roof come through it?

ibleedoil 05-02-2011 08:52 AM

Pics?

WK2OverlandII 05-02-2011 01:03 PM

dude...I don't want to see pics...it will just make me sick.

Frank TJ 05-02-2011 07:58 PM

My Overland was also damaged in a recent hail storm in Texas to the tune of $5K. Dropping it off this week at the paintless dent repair guy so he can work his magic. No body panels being replaced only trim.

jtark82rx 05-02-2011 08:06 PM

Sorry to hear that Frank, at least you're not alone. Though I hate for anyone's car to be damaged like this. I did claim it on insurance and all is covered but the deductible. The dents are so deep on mine that the appraiser said most of the panels would have to be replaced and will be in the shop for 3 weeks.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-02-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank TJ (Post 407981)
My Overland was also damaged in a recent hail storm in Texas to the tune of $5K. Dropping it off this week at the paintless dent repair guy so he can work his magic. No body panels being replaced only trim.

that TX storm ate up my Jeep as well ... thank God the 240 was in the garage

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-02-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ BoNiOmArIo (Post 407995)
that TX storm ate up my Jeep as well ... thank God the 240 was in the garage

you lucked out on that one omar!