Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Tripometer verses GPS (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/tripometer-verses-gps-22640.html)

52233 05-02-2011 06:47 AM

Tripometer verses GPS
 
My GPS says I have travelled 10 miles but by tripometer says 9. I have 265/70/17 tires. Does this mean I am getting 10 % better milage then indicated? I usually average about 19 mpg? i HAVE THE 3.0 DIESEL.

05WK 05-02-2011 02:24 PM

Re: Tripometer verses GPS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 52233 (Post 407531)
My GPS says I have travelled 10 miles but by tripometer says 9. I have 265/70/17 tires. Does this mean I am getting 10 % better milage then indicated? I usually average about 19 mpg? i HAVE THE 3.0 DIESEL.

Well, based on my OEM tire.. You have taller tires which is causing your tripo to be off. OEM is 235/65.

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-02-2011 02:38 PM

Re: Tripometer verses GPS
 
your speedo is actually 8.9% to slow. you are travelling 65.3mph when it reads 60mph

52233 05-03-2011 10:37 AM

Re: Tripometer verses GPS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 407821)
your speedo is actually 8.9% to slow. you are travelling 65.3mph when it reads 60mph


so is the mpg on my computer accurate?

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-03-2011 12:00 PM

Re: Tripometer verses GPS
 
no it is not accurate

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-03-2011 12:00 PM

Re: Tripometer verses GPS
 
that is a pretty big difference, you should consider having your speedo reset to match your new tire size.

52233 05-03-2011 12:19 PM

Re: Tripometer verses GPS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 408348)
that is a pretty big difference, you should consider having your speedo reset to match your new tire size.

Who or what software can do that?

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-03-2011 12:23 PM

Re: Tripometer verses GPS
 
your dealer and some tire places can as well. you can also buy a tuner, but i am not sure if they have any for the diesel.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community