Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Srt8 front bumper cover-question re. Front bumper cover conversion from '06 to '08 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/srt8-front-bumper-cover-question-re-front-bumper-cover-conversion-from-06-to-08-a-22657.html)

SHORTYBIGHEAD 05-02-2011 01:38 PM

Srt8 front bumper cover-question re. Front bumper cover conversion from '06 to '08

Hello,
I apologize if this has been covered already, but I currently have a pre-Aug., 2007 SRT8...recently purchased front bumper cover and had it painted, only to find out that 2007 was a split year, and the part that was sent (and which I had painted) was only compatible w/'08-'10...so now I have this brand new/painted part sitting around collecting dust...However, I was informed by someone from the site that I should be able to easily upgrade using the '08 cover I have, along w/the addition of some other '08 parts...aside from headlamps, are there any other part changes/upgrades I need?...my vehicle was in a minor fender bender, but the only damage was to the bumper cover...everything else intact (lower/upper grilles, etc.).

robpp 05-02-2011 01:45 PM

Re: Srt8 front bumper cover-question re. Front bumper cover conversion from '06 to '0

tthere is a sticky with ALL the parts and such in the wk section but

you will need

HEADLIGHTS
GRILLE
BUMPER SUPPORT

and a few other odds/ends/

JAYBEE3 05-02-2011 01:54 PM

Re: Srt8 front bumper cover-question re. Front bumper cover conversion from '06 to '0

Yes you need a 08+ grll headlights and bumper bracket.....and if you have the SRT8. Front bumpr more parts to make it fit nicely n tight

Scottina06 05-02-2011 01:54 PM

Rob is right...you will need the grille and small bumper support bracket(cheap) and the 08+ headlights. Thats it. All the other parts will switch over from your 07 bumper.

SHORTYBIGHEAD 05-02-2011 07:07 PM

Thanks...quick question...the fender lining on both sides (the real flimsy piece of plastic that runs from under the wheel wells towards the front, then extends striaght forward towards near the bottom of the bumper cover) is worn away from being exposed (have been w/o a front end for about a week or two)...does this need replacement also re. this conversion, and if so does anyone have any suggestions as to a reasonable vendor (and what the actual name of the part is?)...also, just so I understand correctly, my old bumper bracket is not compatible, correct?...and having helluva time locating SRT8 grille(s) (waffleboard pattern)...any help/direction would be greatly appreciated

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-02-2011 07:16 PM

try car-part.com for the parts. your wheel well should still be good, post a pic. the headlights are usually on ebay for around $100 to $150 and you can get a regular grille for around $50. the srt grille is harder to come buy but last time i looked there were a few on ebay for around $200. some junkyards may have them cheaper on car-part.com i got mine for around $100 and sold a few extras on here pretty cheaply. you already have the most expensive part and the 08+ front end will look much better. you can even add oem hids with the newer bumper and grille. the bracket can be picked up from the dealer.