Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   New Dash Kit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/new-dash-kit-22666.html)

bigpanda 05-02-2011 04:46 PM

New Dash Kit

1 Attachment(s)
I ran into this dash kit and they're saying they can use synthetic or real wood. What do you guys think?

Lingohocken 05-02-2011 08:40 PM

Re: New Dash Kit

Url?

TTUMBIO2010 05-03-2011 06:02 AM

Hell no!

Baxterdown 05-03-2011 06:52 AM

ew!

wreckdive 05-03-2011 08:46 AM

I used a kit like this once upon a time to "enhance" some of the interior trim on a Lincoln Navigator. Yup, it's woody looking and shiny and all that, but this stuff always ends up looking like somebody taped shiny fake wood on top of painted plastic. . .
The kits are pretty well-cut, but the fit can't ever be "perfect" because the manufacturer has to allow for typical variations in vehicle builds and assembly.
I suppose if I had to have the look of an all-wood cabin, I'd disassemble the interior and send everything out for hydrodip. But life's too short, I'm too cheap, and WE GOT BIN LADEN!!!!! :D :D

bigpanda 05-03-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 408009)
Url?

www.bitrim.com

I usually don't like any kind of dash kit but this looked kind of interesting. Have to see the real products though.

Danco 05-03-2011 11:39 AM

I don't love it. Maybe it looks different in person?

White Mack 07-23-2011 09:40 AM

I like some of the pieces but I need better pictures! Anyone?

TurboDiesel 07-23-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreckdive (Post 408231)
I used a kit like this once upon a time to "enhance" some of the interior trim on a Lincoln Navigator. Yup, it's woody looking and shiny and all that, but this stuff always ends up looking like somebody taped shiny fake wood on top of painted plastic. . .
The kits are pretty well-cut, but the fit can't ever be "perfect" because the manufacturer has to allow for typical variations in vehicle builds and assembly.
I suppose if I had to have the look of an all-wood cabin, I'd disassemble the interior and send everything out for hydrodip. But life's too short, I'm too cheap, and WE GOT BIN LADEN!!!!! :D :D

Id have to agree here, if u want it done right and look right get it hydrodipped, that process is pretty sweet

Timgco 07-23-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboDiesel (Post 453278)
Id have to agree here, if u want it done right and look right get it hydrodipped, that process is pretty sweet

X10. I have done this on a couple of my trucks and well worth. Just make sure you hav eit done by someone that knows what they are doing. Make sure it is clearcoated well also.

Sixftundr 08-04-2011 08:57 AM

I have mixed feelings about dash kits... I would only use the pieces that would either cover-up/replace the factory wood, but nothing else. I installed a black cherry/ash kit on my old 300 SRT-8..(the ex used it to haul crap, oversized nonetheless, home from the local home improvement store and scratched several pieces after which I just sat there and stared at it for about an hour in disbelief). After I installed it I was VERY pleased with the way the gray wood matched up with the black interior... I am currently searching everywhere to see if I can get ONLY the black cherry wood inserts from the Summit Edition without replacing the whole door piece or making my own... In my opinion, you know what would look best on your vehicle (and your own tastes)...just still wouldn't use the other pieces that come with it that don't replace the factory woodgrain...

BrilliantBlack 08-16-2011 11:54 AM

I'm not a fan of any wood trim, personally can't wait to see the availability for real carbon fiber kits (same as SRT) or even pending the color body color trim. Either way it's personal pref. and give the market time to catch up and we'll be tripping over options.