Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Two problems i'm having (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/two-problems-im-having-22672.html)

kaflyboy 05-02-2011 06:01 PM

Two problems i'm having

Having 2 problems. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

1) When i get out of the jeep, keys in pocket, i push the door lock button on the door handle once. it's suppose to lock the doors, right? i have to push it between 3-4 times (once 3 times today, once 4 times today).

2) On the 730. When i plug in my iphone, it automatically goes to the AUX selection navigating me away from what i was listening to. ie- listening to satellite, plug in iphone (battery dying), it sends me directly to the AUX input. BTW it also says "this device is not optomised for this iphone" or something like that everytime on my iphone.

am i missing something on number 1 or number 2?

JeeponDUBS 05-02-2011 06:30 PM

Re: Two problems i'm having

For #1, you need to have the pocket with the key facing the door with in 15 inches from the door. The signal tends to have interference when not facing the vehicle. I have the same issue with mine but all i do is turn my body so the door and key face one another within about 15 inches and it works everytime i remember to do that.

For #2, i think i've heard something about iPhones not working with a lot of newer factory car radios. I can't remember where i read that article at but i would suggest you research or ask the dealership. You just may not be able to have the iphone work on the factory radio.

ebank127 05-02-2011 06:50 PM

For #1 I always use just my index finger and it works every time not matter how I have my body twisted.

For #2 sorry I don't have an iPhone or a 730, but I have heard of a lot of problems with the iPhone. My Samsung Continuum works fine with my 430 (non-nav) except for streaming music via Bluetooth, which is a problem across the board I hear.

2011 Grand Cherokee, X package Blackberry Pearl

dobiegillis 05-02-2011 07:22 PM

#1 like ebank said, don't grasp the handle when you are locking it, just use your finger to press the button. I kept having trouble until I remembered that grasping the handle triggers the keyless enter-n-go (unless you disable via EVIC)

#2 I don't think you will be able to get away from the radio switching to the iphone(ipod) when you connect it. The radio is programmed to do that and I haven't seen an option to make it stop...maybe if you connect the phone BEFORE you start the car? As far as the "this device is not optimized/supported" iphones ALWAYS say that crap...if it works and charges the phone don't worry about it.

Nouveau Redneck 05-02-2011 07:23 PM

The door handle unlock and handle button lock are supposed to work with the key fob anywhere within 5 feet of the door handle that you are touching. Mine always works as long as I remember to actually put my key fob in my pocket before I leave the house.

jcnaranjo 05-02-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaflyboy (Post 407901)
Having 2 problems. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

1) When i get out of the jeep, keys in pocket, i push the door lock button on the door handle once. it's suppose to lock the doors, right? i have to push it between 3-4 times (once 3 times today, once 4 times today).

2) On the 730. When i plug in my iphone, it automatically goes to the AUX selection navigating me away from what i was listening to. ie- listening to satellite, plug in iphone (battery dying), it sends me directly to the AUX input. BTW it also says "this device is not optomised for this iphone" or something like that everytime on my iphone.

am i missing something on number 1 or number 2?

For #1: I have had that happen to me. I have found that this happens when you touch any other part of the door handle while you are pressing the lock button. I now press the lock button with my index finger.

#2: I get that iphone message as well, and the unit switches to AUX automatically. For the iPod message, I disconnect the iPhone and reconnect it. The message does not return...

kaflyboy 05-02-2011 08:07 PM

Thanks...

I think i'm gonna replace my iphone cord with a simple iphone charger and stream any music via bluetooth.

these are a couple quirks i think they should work out. hopefully they're monitoring this forum.

Andrew Klossner 05-03-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaflyboy (Post 407901)

My lock button doesn't work until two seconds have elapsed since I closed the door.

kaflyboy 05-03-2011 09:00 AM

I just figured out you can't have your hand inside the door handle and press the outside lock button. Duh.

tmw1582 05-03-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Klossner (Post 408141)
My lock button doesn't work until two seconds have elapsed since I closed the door.

This is what I have experienced. If I am impatient it does not usually work. I also use my index finger.