Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Panoramic roof stuck? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/panoramic-roof-stuck-22677.html)

docluv01 05-02-2011 07:43 PM

Panoramic roof stuck?

Hey guys, i just picked up nmy overland with the panoramic roof. When I picked up the vehicle, the roof shade was completely open. After bringing it home, and reading part o fthe manual, i cannot figure out how to close it. Ive been hitting the buttons etc but nothign is happening at all. Is there somethign special about this?? or is my JCO screwed up?

jcnaranjo 05-02-2011 07:50 PM

There are 2 sets of open/close arrows. One for the sunroof and one for the sunshade. The arrows for the sunshade are the ones on the right side... Don't know if maybe you were pressing the wrong buttons.

docluv01 05-02-2011 08:01 PM

Re: Panoramic roof stuck?

Yeah those are the ones I was pressing.......hmmmmmmm

sh**, i may have a bad sunroof!!!! :(

White WK Swagga 05-02-2011 08:04 PM

Unplug the negative battery terminal for 25-20 min. Used to happen to my WK every now and then.

docluv01 05-03-2011 10:21 AM

WOw, really?? Does this mean that the roof can get stuck in the open position too?

White WK Swagga 05-03-2011 10:25 AM

Yeah mine would stick in the popped up, and open position from time to time.

ilber 05-03-2011 10:37 AM

My WK2 doesn't have any problems yet ( knock on wood), however i am known needing to re-learn the close position on my other cars. I remember flipping through the manual and seeing just a typical procedure ( holding button while advancing the roof to close, killing power etc; sorry don't recall the steps). I would imagine the battery got low basically electronics got shot down while the roof/shade was open. when voltage was restored to the vehicle it is "confused" about position of the shade/roof.... that would be my guess.
But than again I would imagine you can have a bummed roof, let's hope not..
good luck!

ilber<- had to replace power moon roof before OUT OF WARRANTEE ( $3k in parts, the mechanism failed), and 2 month later in the NEW OEM unit motor failed... I got quite skilled with removing the head liner in Maxima ( dealer tried even not to cover their parts, never mind my time! yep one of the reason I would not buy another Nissan)

docluv01 05-05-2011 09:24 AM

Ok, just to update...took the JCO back to the dealer. Supposedly, there was a cable unplugged in the headliner. All is well now.

Just out of curiosity, aren't both panes of glass supposed to open? or is it just the 1st glass?

J13ntv 05-05-2011 09:27 AM

Just the front pane like a traditional sunroof. The back is viewing purposes only.. ;)

docluv01 05-05-2011 10:25 AM

Thanks man.

This forum by far is the best thing ever!!!!