Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   430N question - Travel Link and Upgrade CD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/430n-question-travel-link-and-upgrade-cd-22713.html)

mofeen 05-03-2011 03:25 PM

430N question - Travel Link and Upgrade CD

I picked up my GC Overland new from the dealer 3/3/11. I have yet to receive the CD with the upgrade and Sirius travel Link. I was wondering what gives? Do I have to contact someone special?

I called Chrysler CS and they said it can only be done at the dealer. I do not want to make an appointment for something that is an easy solution. I know I can download the file that someone posted but I would rather do it the official way. Thanks.

mofeen 05-04-2011 11:49 PM

Re: 430N question - Travel Link and Upgrade CD

Anyone? Jeep garage hasn't failed me yet.

IndyBob 05-05-2011 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mofeen (Post 408484)
I picked up my GC Overland new from the dealer 3/3/11. I have yet to receive the CD with the upgrade and Sirius travel Link. I was wondering what gives? Do I have to contact someone special?

I called Chrysler CS and they said it can only be done at the dealer. I do not want to make an appointment for something that is an easy solution. I know I can download the file that someone posted but I would rather do it the official way. Thanks.

It seems that unless Travel Link was actually listed on your window sticker you won't be getting anything from Jeep.

It's easy to do. Just make the CD and follow the instructions and in about 20 minutes your done.

Milous 05-05-2011 05:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofeen (Post 409440)
Jeep garage hasn't failed me yet.

And they're not about to start now...

You will receive a CD in the mail...

1. If your vehicle was built between August 16, 2010 and January 22, 2011 you will be mailed a CD, and your subscription to Travel Link will be extended by one year. Or, you can schedule your dealer to do the update under warranty.

2. If your vehicle was built after January 22, 2011, you will also receive a CD in the mail (direct from Sirius). Your TL subscription will expire at the same time your original 1-year sat radio subscription expires. You can also schedule the update to be done at no cost.

For additional information see the attached file :)

mofeen 05-05-2011 10:46 AM

Thank you so much. That definitely clears things up. I am in the second group. Now it will just be a waiting game to see when and if Sirius sends a disk. Hah.

Sharptail 05-05-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mofeen (Post 409625)
Now it will just be a waiting game to see when and if Sirius sends a disk.

Why wait? Your subscription is ticking down and as a group two user you do not get the no charge extended subscription. As per the file posted by Milous, no skilled labour is required to perform the upgrade. The Chrysler Group part number for the disk referred to in that document is exactly the same as the one you can download, and is used for both group one and group two customers. Just download the update, burn the CD and have at it.

Who knows, by the time Sirius sends you the disk you might not have any time left on your free trial period. By performing the upgrade now you will at least know whether the service is valuable enough to you to pay for it when the time comes.

In addition, the Chrysler Group CD contains (among other things) a Garmin update file and [incorrect information removed]. There is no guarantee that a disk sent directly from Sirius will provide anything but the Travel Link fix.

Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt, but why wait for something that you can have right now for nothing more than the cost of a blank CD?

Sharptail

dharel1705 05-05-2011 12:34 PM

You can download an ISO from http://jeepgarage.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=121 and burn the CD yourself.

AquaForester 05-16-2011 07:04 PM

My GC was built on 1/11/11 and does have travelink on the sticker. So I'm in Group 1 and haven't received the CD yet. Question on the CD burn that is linked. Is there anyway to screw up what you currently have?

Andrew Klossner 05-16-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaForester (Post 415915)
Is there anyway to screw up what you currently have?

If your radio loses power during the installation process, you could brick it. Follow the instructions in this post and you'll be okay.

bibowles 05-16-2011 08:45 PM

Just to clarify Milous's Post - my GC shows build date of 10-10-10, Travel Link was not on my Monroney Label, I received the update CD from Chrysler along with a letter stating that my subscription (for Travel Link) would expire at the end of the original 1 year trial and I could contact Sirius if I wanted to extend it.

jeepmac 05-17-2011 08:01 AM

I down loaded the iso file from here, loaded it with no issues. However, apart from the new color logo for the NAV, I see no difference. I check my sirius account and it does specify travel link. I am lost....

Andrew Klossner 05-17-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepmac (Post 416205)
However, apart from the new color logo for the NAV, I see no difference.

When you press the MENU hard key, you should see a new soft button "Travel Link" on the screen.