Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   iPhone 3GS and the 730N RHR (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/iphone-3gs-and-the-730n-rhr-22882.html)

bselman 05-07-2011 11:26 AM

iPhone 3GS and the 730N RHR

Forgive me first if this specific topic has been discussed, but I did search for this and found nothing.

My iPhone 3GS, with the most up-to-date Apple OS, is having major trouble with the iPod feature through the 730N RHR (plugged into the center armrest USB port (not bluetooth audio streaming.)

Everything works on the screen just fine, but the audio level is horribly low. I have to turn the volume upto 36 (full) and it still doesn't compare to volume level around 20-24 in regular audio (AM/FM/SAT.)

Am I missing a 730N RHR update? I checked my audio levels within the Music settings on the iPod setting within the iPhone, all is good. Volume limit is set to off, etc.

Anyone else?

shamus 05-07-2011 12:27 PM

Re: iPhone 3GS and the 730N RHR

I think thats normal... i have to crank it all the way. Any reason not using bluetooth?

bselman 05-07-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamus (Post 410682)
I think thats normal... i have to crank it all the way. Any reason not using bluetooth?

can't charge my iPhone with bluetooth....

shamus 05-07-2011 01:04 PM

Use the charger in the compartment under the radio? Bluetooth seems to work very well for me. Phone calls are crystal clear, much easier to navigate iphone for music, connects instantly when I enter car and sound quality appears to be same.

Hooking a phone to a car has always had its issues and always will unless apple makes the head set itself. The only time I get great music quality is when using the 3.5 jack. With the convience of bluetooth, im willing to give up a little sound quality.

Baxterdown 05-08-2011 09:16 AM

bselman,

Turn up the volume on your iPhone :D -- No, really! That happened to me. Make sure the volume on the phone is all the way up after you connect it.

Hodnick 05-09-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxterdown (Post 411022)
bselman,

Turn up the volume on your iPhone :D -- No, really! That happened to me. Make sure the volume on the phone is all the way up after you connect it.

I've noticed that too, depending on how and what you connect to the sound levels on the phone will reset sometimes.

bselman 05-09-2011 11:28 AM

I have tried everything...volume level is turned all the way up both prior too and after connecting the iPhone to the center & and faceplate USB connection. It still is about 10-18 volume levels off compared to the FM/SAT levels....

I will try another cable (all the cables I have are the original Apple cables.)