Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Auto Up/Down windows - 05 WK? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/auto-up-down-windows-05-wk-2292.html)

scooter2131 08-27-2009 02:41 PM

Auto Up/Down windows - 05 WK?

Hey everyone,

Although I'm new to the forum, I've been reading around for the past couple months. My last car had auto up/down on the front windows and my wife's car has this on all 4. I've tried to decipher the wiring diagrams for all 3 cars (Jeep, Maxima, 9-3) and cannot figure this out....

I have an 05 WK - can we just swap out the switches in the front doors with switches from an '06 and therefore have auto up/down feature on our front windows? Are there other things that need to be changed, activated (with starscan?).

I believe I read a post from Scottina06 saying that wiring harnesses/connectors changed in 07...does anyone know this for sure?
http://www.jeepgarage.org/images/ima...c/progress.gif

jeepaholic 08-27-2009 03:57 PM

Re: Auto Up/Down windows - 05 WK?

I did exactly what you want to do and it worked fine.

Escape 08-27-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepaholic (Post 52742)
I did exactly what you want to do and it worked fine.

Jeepaholic,

First, I must say very nice avatar!
Second, Could you do a write up maybe with some part #'s and other info as I am looking at doing this also.

Thanks man,
Escape

Scottina06 08-27-2009 06:40 PM

you need the 06 and up drivers door harness. jeepaholic got it from me......sorry no more left

scooter2131 08-28-2009 06:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys,

Can you clarify which wiring harnesse(s)/part numbers are needed? Just the jumper section to the switches (balloon number 4 in attached wiring doc)? It seems there are several parts listed for each door. See attached documents (taken from the 06 wk parts catalog pdf from wkjeeps).

Also, do any of you know what is "alternative" about the mopar alternative switch part number?

Just to clarify, no new harness is needed for the passenger door even if that switch is replaced?

Thanks for the help

ryanwk 08-28-2009 08:02 AM

x2 on a list of what parts i would need to do this on my 05 please:D

NHWK05 08-28-2009 02:47 PM

My 05 drivers window is auto down, id love to get both auto up and down.

Nand12 08-28-2009 10:19 PM

Bump..I'm very interested in this mod also. Please list part #'s when you get a chance. Thanks.

jeepaholic 08-29-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escape (Post 52812)
Jeepaholic,

First, I must say very nice avatar!
Second, Could you do a write up maybe with some part #'s and other info as I am looking at doing this also.

Thanks man,
Escape

First off, I have an '06 laredo. I wanted to change out the dash and doors to woodgrain. So I bought the pieces off ebay and they came with the door switches. I didn't realize there was a difference in the switches untill I put them side by side. The ones I have now have auto up/down on drivers side for both front windows and auto up/down on passenger side door. I didnt change any wiring. The wiring harness I got from scott was to add the memory seat function.

NHWK05 08-29-2009 09:56 AM

So, all you did was change the drivers door and pass door switches to switches from what year? and Bam you have auto up and down on both front windows?

I wonder if its that easy with an 05?

jeepaholic 08-29-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 53731)
So, all you did was change the drivers door and pass door switches to switches from what year? and Bam you have auto up and down on both front windows?

I wonder if its that easy with an 05?

I don't know what year the switches came from but I promise you its all I did. The only difference between them is the newer switches say auto on both buttons on driver side and passenger .

saleen032 10-06-2009 08:03 AM

I am going to try this as soon as I get my truck back...I bought a set of the newer 06 switches which have both d/s and p/s auto functions in them. I'm not sure if it is a plug and play, because I was looking at the wiring pinouts, and the 05's are alot different than the 06's and up....If they dony work, I will offer them up to any 06's and up owners so they can convert...