Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/)
-   -   Anyone know if CarHidKits.com is reputable? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/anyone-know-if-carhidkits-com-is-reputable-22921.html)

Amelie 05-08-2011 11:12 AM

Anyone know if CarHidKits.com is reputable?

Just curious, they look pretty good

Scottina06 05-08-2011 11:53 AM

Re: Anyone know if CarHidKits.com is reputable?

Xenondepot.....hands down! Plus they support our forums!

Amelie 05-08-2011 12:18 PM

1) Thanks for the referral to XenonDepot again lol, I'm not ordering anything from CarHidKits.com, I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with them because a couple years ago when I first got into HID's they were one of the initial dealers I wanted to go with. My next kit will probably be from XenonDepot, But I'm loving the 55w's from DDM right now.

2) Scott, Do you know if the 3000k kits from XenonDepot put out a good yellow? I am probably going for a 35w 3K kit for the fogs and if they're not yellow enough, get a yellow overlay from either Lamin-X or Grapxressions

Scottina06 05-08-2011 01:21 PM

IMO they are too yellow...but Im weird like that. Steve has some great pics somewhere of his 35w 3000K kits

Amelie 05-08-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 411108)
IMO they are too yellow

That's what I'm talking about! I'm excited to install a good yellow HID kit.

GreenWithEnvy801 05-09-2011 11:51 PM

If you're interested i sell HID systems. Check out my website. [removed]you can pm me or email me.

Amelie 05-10-2011 11:02 AM

It's all good, I already have a kit, It was just curiosity on the quality of that site

JackD 03-27-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelie (Post 411053)
Just curious, they look pretty good

Amelie,
I know this post is old but I wanted to weigh in on carhidkits.com. We purchased a HID kit for my son's 2000 Cherokee XJ. The kit consisted of 2 bulbs, 2 slim ballasts and one relay. We followed the installation instructions to the tee. Only one of the original bulbs worked in low beam and high beam. Carhidkits.com sent a replacement bulb for the non-working original. This replacement bulb worked in low beam but not in high beam. We contacted carhidkits.com again to get another replacement bulb. This time we had to pay shipping for a replacement of the replacement of the original bulb. The replacement bulb this time worked. With all working correctly, I ordered two backup bulbs and one backup ballast in case something quit working. Three months later and one of the bulbs quit working. No problem since we had two backup bulbs right? Well neither one of the backup bulbs works. Carhidkits.com will not return our money, nor will they replace the parts. Carhidkits.com wants us to completely uninstall the kit, box everything up, pay to ship to them so they can perform their own tests.

DO NOT BUY form this group. REPEAT, DO NOT BUY form carhidkits.com