Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Alarming Alarm Issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/alarming-alarm-issue-22924.html)

Standrk 05-08-2011 01:10 PM

Alarming Alarm Issue

Bought a 2011 Jeep Cherokee Overland with all the bells ad whistles about two weeks ago. My wife and I had plans to attend a wedding in Las Vegas and left the Cherokee at the airport. I locked the doors using the keyless and go button on the door handle. Upon returning after three days (broke even in case your wondering) I found that the rear hatch was closed but not locked. To my surprise the car was completely dead. I had to use the key to unlock the front door. The airport folks were able to jump the car and get us on the way. He told us that he sees this all day every day. It seems that the airplanes taking off set off the alarms and then the batteries die. So i have a few questions. First can I lock the car and not have the alarm system set so this does not happen again. Is there something within the EVIC I can turn off? Another huge concern I have is that the rear hatch was not locked. I closed it with the button and I am positive it closed and you can here it lock. So could it be that when the battery dies that somehow the electronic lock unlocks and leaves the hatch unlocked. We were lucky because the hatch was closed but anyone could have walked by and pulled it open and had there way with anything inside. Thoughts???

justin1569 05-08-2011 06:59 PM

Re: Alarming Alarm Issue

Hmmm interesting...my alarm goes off for no reason some times. It's getting annoying. I'd go and grab the handle the next morning and the vehicle would sound the horn as it unlocks. I think that means that the alarm was triggered or something. Also, today I washed my vehicle and when I was walking around the vehicle while washing it, the horn sounded and the vehicle locked, and then unlocked all of a sudden. Something is definitely wrong. And finally, after I washed my vehicle I went to the mall, locked my jeep and when I came back it was unlocked.

Sounds like I need to take a trip to the dealership.

And no...I wasn't pressing buttons on the FOB by accident.

jcnaranjo 05-08-2011 07:07 PM

Two days ago I posted a thread for a similar issue with my Summit in the WK2 Trouble Shooting/Problems forum...

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/alarm-system-woke-us-up-tonight-22868.html

Mine was sitting nice and cozy in the garage and the alarm went off...

ternst 05-08-2011 08:33 PM

Does anyone know the sequence you can use (kind of like the one to disable the seat belt chime) to shut off the alarm?

Parks311 05-09-2011 11:27 AM

The random alarm sounding happened to me the 2nd week I had my Jeep at work. Nothing more embarrassing than to have your co-workers come into your office and tell you your alarm is going off outside :confused:

Nouveau Redneck 05-09-2011 12:52 PM

To disable the security alarm (basically to NOT arm it when locking the vehicle) you have to lock the door(s) using the old fashioned "up/down" button on the top of the inner door panel, the way you would with a car that has no power door locks.

JoeSchmoe007 05-09-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nouveau Redneck (Post 411676)
To disable the security alarm (basically to NOT arm it when locking the vehicle) you have to lock the door(s) using the old fashioned "up/down" button on the top of the inner door panel, the way you would with a car that has no power door locks.

I wanted to offer this suggestion but it doesn't work for the tailgate.

jcnaranjo 05-09-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parks311 (Post 411626)
The random alarm sounding happened to me the 2nd week I had my Jeep at work. Nothing more embarrassing than to have your co-workers come into your office and tell you your alarm is going off outside :confused:

Did you bring it in to the shop, or has it not happened again??

wk2silverbullet 05-10-2011 08:06 AM

Does anybody have a solution for this? Are guys parking on a flat surface or incline? Is it always at the same time?

Dusan33 05-10-2011 09:16 AM

I am getting the same stupid alarm go off randomly....

justin1569 05-10-2011 12:36 PM

yeah me too.

Now if I unlock the doors by grabbing the handle the horn sounds 3 times before unlocking.

It only unlocks quietly when I use the key FOB unlock button. I don't know what it could be.

I don't think anyone other then us have had this happen to them because usually advice or tips are given.

stevedu 05-10-2011 03:36 PM

I've had my Limited for 3 weeks. Sitting in my office at home, just a few minutes ago, both key fobs on the kitchen counter. Car horn/alarm starts sounding and won't stop. I try using the Panic button to get it to stop but that didn't work. Also tried to lock/unlock using the FOB and started the engine to no avail. When I opened the hood, the horn finally stopped. I called the dealer and they didn't have an explanation - they said the FOB should have stopped it. Into the shop tomorrow...

Steve