Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Rocker Panel Paint Chips

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RageOfFury 
#1 ·
I have just over 6k miles on my 2011 Overland, several thousand of which were put on this winter. I already have a ton of those little paint chips on my rocker panels (right before the back wheel on the back passenger doors). They are quite noticeable on blackberry paint (or any dark colors). I don't drive in excess salt/gravel, just what's normal in Western NY. I have the off-road package with the 18's.

Has anyone else noticed this? I can't image what this will look like after 20k winter miles...there will be almost no paint there, which will obviously look terrible. If I had known it would be this bad, I would have had a clear bra installed.

#2 ·
I installed the front(and rear) splash guards on mine when I noticed how much road spray was hitting that area. I knew that with time I would end up with damage. Well the front splash guards have helped greatly. Not an issue anymore. No chips in the 3 months I've had the Jeep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.