Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   730N RHR BT Audio Stream Quality (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/730n-rhr-bt-audio-stream-quality-22957.html)

Hodnick 05-09-2011 08:58 AM

730N RHR BT Audio Stream Quality

For those that have the BT streaming working without issues, do you notice much of a difference from USB to BT for audio quality?

shamus 05-09-2011 09:09 AM

Re: 730N RHR BT Audio Stream Quality

I dont think I do.

bselman 05-09-2011 11:31 AM

Since I was having trouble with the USB connection, I paired my iPhone via Bluetooth and the sound was very good. There is a bit of a lag when first getting into the JGC and getting the song to play from the spot when the car was shut off, but overall, was perfectly fine for windows down, tunes listening pleasure.

But why would I continue to use this type of connection if I can't control it via the faceplate....it only allowed me to use the iPhone for control, not the RHR...

Hodnick 05-09-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bselman (Post 411632)
Since I was having trouble with the USB connection, I paired my iPhone via Bluetooth and the sound was very good. There is a bit of a lag when first getting into the JGC and getting the song to play from the spot when the car was shut off, but overall, was perfectly fine for windows down, tunes listening pleasure.

But why would I continue to use this type of connection if I can't control it via the faceplate....it only allowed me to use the iPhone for control, not the RHR...

You can use the steering wheel controls to move through the song list. I was testing out the BT tonight since I just got a pro-clips mount with the built in USB. T

he BT is good expect when you play a video on the iphone, it seems BT lags a good 3-4 seconds behind the video (note I don't intend to watch videos while driving, but passengers/others might since I don't have the built in TV). I'm not sure how to adjust for this...don't think the iphone has a setting to adjust this?

Benzie002 06-02-2011 08:11 PM

The BT on my Blackberry bold 2 (9700) works fine except the volume output is much softer. I am having trouble getting my ipod touch working through the wire. it sees it but nothing happens. I worked before. I tried other cables and other ipods- same thing BT ok.

moontz 06-02-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzie002 (Post 424190)
The BT on my Blackberry bold 2 (9700) works fine except the volume output is much softer. I am having trouble getting my ipod touch working through the wire. it sees it but nothing happens. I worked before. I tried other cables and other ipods- same thing BT ok.

Exactly my situation as well (different device though)...

Android phone (MyTouch 4g) bluetooth streams great with Pandora and other internet radio but volume is noticeably weaker than sat, hdd, cd, etc. Almost have to crank it all the way up sometimes to hear it clearly.

And my phone used to work great through USB for songs & pics. Now it doesn't recognize it. I tried other cables as well and no luck.