Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Best place to Purchase Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/best-place-to-purchase-brakes-22964.html)

D1rtyLegend 05-09-2011 12:19 PM

Best place to Purchase Brakes

Hey guys just a quick question, Whats the best place to buy breaks for my jeep. Are there any Parts Directs sites that offer better prices then the dealer. Thanks in advance.

Scottina06 05-09-2011 12:24 PM

Re: Best place to Purchase Brakes

I would look at your local autoparts stores.....advanced, oreillys or autozone. Wagner and Bendix are very nice.

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-09-2011 01:41 PM

^ yep local stores are your best bet. i have wagner thermoquiets and really like them

D1rtyLegend 05-09-2011 01:57 PM

Alright thanks fellas will go check them out today.

Walt 05-09-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D1rtyLegend (Post 411655)
Hey guys just a quick question, Whats the best place to buy breaks for my jeep. Are there any Parts Directs sites that offer better prices then the dealer. Thanks in advance.

Dealers have 2 grades of replacement brake pads: Value Line and OEM as installed in factory. Value Line is a lower grade, but you have to ask or the parts dept. may be silent about this minor fact.

Value line are ~ $75 per axle and the OEM factory style are about $175 per axle. Both prices seem ridiculous to me.

I'll look at another suitable replacement, e.g., Wagner Thermoquiet. They are about $65 per axle at Advance Auto and have a lifetime limited warranty.

lll2for3lll 05-09-2011 07:57 PM

Stillen Metal Matrix

kkuty 05-09-2011 08:16 PM

I got warever rotors and wagner thermo quites for the front for $100 at advanced auto. Try promo code "VISA" on the advanced.com website...it was 30% off when I bought them about a week ago.

lll2for3lll 05-09-2011 09:16 PM

And Stillen Cross-Drilled Rotors

Djsal5 05-10-2011 03:28 PM

yea i have been looking id have to agree with stillen all the way

lll2for3lll 05-10-2011 04:11 PM

I will as soon as I can afford the complete package. I'm about to call a Mercedes dealer to see how much it would cost to turn the rotors if need be but I hear of people putting mile and miles on the rotors without warping.

BOYCHIKS 05-10-2011 04:29 PM

Also check online for local store coupons and discounts.

Jahkneefive 05-10-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt (Post 411869)
Dealers have 2 grades of replacement brake pads: Value Line and OEM as installed in factory. Value Line is a lower grade, but you have to ask or the parts dept. may be silent about this minor fact.

Value line are ~ $75 per axle and the OEM factory style are about $175 per axle. Both prices seem ridiculous to me.

I'll look at another suitable replacement, e.g., Wagner Thermoquiet. They are about $65 per axle at Advance Auto and have a lifetime limited warranty.

Value Lines are $50 a set, that dealer was trying to rape you. VLs aren't necessarily lower quality, they just aren't approved/signed off on by the Mopar Engineering group. And they come with a lifetime warranty.