Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Chrome Step Insert (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/chrome-step-insert-22967.html)

ShocKNurse 05-09-2011 01:47 PM

Chrome Step Insert

Hello everyone. New here and have a question.

I just noticed that the chrome step insert on the passenger's side of my new 2011 Jeep GC Limited says "Dodge" instead of "Jeep" (as it does on the driver's side).

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to take it to the dealer and get their opinion. My opinion is that it's supposed to say "Jeep".

Very curious...

bwerkma1 05-09-2011 02:10 PM

Re: Chrome Step Insert

Hello there and Welcome to the Jeep Garage Forums.

We must be part of a small unique group - I too had the very same thing. My Overland was produced on March 23rd @ 12:00 AM - any idea when yours was built?

My Drivers Side Door Sill was "Jeep" and my Passenger Side Door Sill was "Dodge". I took it to my Dealer and the Service folks got a chuckle out of it. They ordered me the appropriate replacement - although I didn't use it as I installed the Illuminated Jeep Door Sills afterwards.

The Grand Cherokee and the Dodge Durango are built at the same factory so must have been a parts screw up on the factory Floor.

I

Technosavant 05-09-2011 02:43 PM

Yeah, sounds like a parts mix-up and nobody checked it.

But this likely means there's some Durangos out there with "Jeep" sill inserts.

ChrisL1976 05-09-2011 03:16 PM

Kind of a slap in the face to Chrysler's quality control people and installers. :)

And or a little humor on part of the factory installer. Glad its nothing like the urban legend of the Volkswagen mystery sound.

ShocKNurse 05-10-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwerkma1 (Post 411716)
Hello there and Welcome to the Jeep Garage Forums.

We must be part of a small unique group - I too had the very same thing. My Overland was produced on March 23rd @ 12:00 AM - any idea when yours was built?

My Drivers Side Door Sill was "Jeep" and my Passenger Side Door Sill was "Dodge". I took it to my Dealer and the Service folks got a chuckle out of it. They ordered me the appropriate replacement - although I didn't use it as I installed the Illuminated Jeep Door Sills afterwards.

The Grand Cherokee and the Dodge Durango are built at the same factory so must have been a parts screw up on the factory Floor.

I

I have a feeling that it was produced at close to the same time. I took delivery on April 25.

dobiegillis 05-11-2011 10:11 PM

I don't think this is funny at all. I know it is a minor thing and easily corrected but it makes me wonder...what else was mixed up? *sigh*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk