Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/cu-survey-jeep-dealer-repairs-next-to-worst-23021.html)

Lingohocken 05-10-2011 09:55 AM

CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst
 
Consumer Reports latest reader survey (June issue) of authorized dealership repairs for 33 makes, from Acura to Volvo, shows Jeep with a score of 75. The only lower rating is 71 for Land Rover. (Dodge and Chrysler, also near the bottom, get 77.)

What is frustrating is that this didn't have to be. In our area, during the bankruptcy reorganization Chrysler closed the best Jeep dealers, usually family-owned, and kept the worst.

The only change to dealerships FIAT is making that I am aware of is to have Chrysler affiliates service all makes of cars -- Ford, Hyundai, whatever. How can they do all this without compromising their dealer service departments' strongest plus, which is being specialized?

BTW, it might be surprising that Lexus was not #1. The ranking starts: Acura, Porsche, Lexus, Buick, Lincoln.

05WKinPA 05-10-2011 10:17 AM

Re: CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 412236)
Consumer Reports latest reader survey (June issue) of authorized dealership repairs for 33 makes, from Acura to Volvo, shows Jeep with a score of 75. The only lower rating is 71 for Land Rover. (Dodge and Chrysler, also near the bottom, get 77.)

What is frustrating is that this didn't have to be. In our area, during the bankruptcy reorganization Chrysler closed the best Jeep dealers, usually family-owned, and kept the worst.

The only change to dealerships FIAT is making that I am aware of is to have Chrysler affiliates service all makes of cars -- Ford, Hyundai, whatever. How can they do all this without compromising their dealer service departments' strongest plus, which is being specialized?

BTW, it might be surprising that Lexus was not #1. The ranking starts: Acura, Porsche, Lexus, Buick, Lincoln.

I agree with your comment about keeping the worst dealerships and closing the good ones 100%! There is a dealer in my area that verges on criminally bad, yet they made it through the reorganization while so many others closed....so frustrating!

Lingohocken 05-10-2011 11:49 AM

Re: CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 05WKinPA (Post 412251)
I agree with your comment about keeping the worst dealerships and closing the good ones 100%! There is a dealer in my area that verges on criminally bad, yet they made it through the reorganization while so many others closed....so frustrating!

Perhaps this will help Philly area readers, summarized from Consumers Checkbook. I thought Beans would get the worst rating, but there are actually some which are worse (the Cherry Hill Triplex, for starters). Damned if I can figure how anybody can be worse than Beans!

The full comprehensive report for members is at http://www.checkbook.org/interactive...her/return.cfm. This is a capsule summary, but what's important is the percentage, which is users' rating of service quality (higher, of course, is better). The firms are listed in order of distance from our home.


Name http://www.checkbook.org/resources/images/asc.gif
Number of ratings http://www.checkbook.org/resources/images/1x1.gif
Percent of customers who rated shop "superior" on our survey for "overall performance" http://www.checkbook.org/resources/images/1x1.gif
Price Index
Hourly Labor Ratehttp://www.checkbook.org/resources/images/1x1.gif

1. Bergey Buick GMC
Franconia, PA
** 11 ratings
64% No data*** No data***

2. Bergey's Buick Oldsmobile
Franconia, PA
** 10 ratings
60% No data*** No data***

3. Bergey's Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Franconia, PA
44 ratings
75% $104 $80

4. Brandywine Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Wilmington, DE
** 47 ratings
72% No data $90

5. Cherry Hill Triplex
Cherry Hill, NJ
** 16 ratings
19% No data $97

6. City Auto Park
Burlington, NJ
23 ratings
48% $104 $99

7. Davis Dodge
Glen Mills, PA
** 16 ratings
56% No data*** No data***

8. Frank C Videon Chrysler Dodge
Newtown Square, PA
16 ratings
69% $103 $86

9. Fred Beans Dodge Chrysler Jeep
Doylestown, PA
72 ratings
56% $123 $90

10. Gambacorta Chrysler Jeep
New Castle, DE
21 ratings
52% $95 $85

11. Gary Barbera Chryslerland
Philadelphia, PA
** 10 ratings
60% No data*** No data***

12. Jeff D'Ambrosio Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Downingtown, PA
22 ratings
57% $102 $88

13. Lansdale Chrysler Jeep
Montgomeryville, PA
22 ratings
77% $126 $94

14. Newark Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Newark, DE
26 ratings
54% $109 $85

15. Newark Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Newark, DE
19 ratings
26% $121 $85

16. Sands Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Quakertown, PA
14 ratings
21% $107 $85

17. Weathers Dodge
Lima, PA
33 ratings
82% $115 $88

ilber 05-10-2011 12:37 PM

Re: CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst
 
I got nothing to add to the rating, other than they closed 2 out of 4 dealers in my area, but i think it depends what kind of service manager they got ( seen a good one goinbg to crap, and a good manager brining rep back up). as far as Fred Beans Chevy is on my speed dial. I am in CO and when i needed flywheel and LS7 clutch local dealers would not talk to me w/o providing them a Z06 Vin ( similar if you are to buy GNX parts). Bean took my order and sold me a 1000 dollar clutch that went on LSx engine...

Lingohocken 05-10-2011 02:17 PM

Re: CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilber (Post 412361)
I got nothing to add to the rating, other than they closed 2 out of 4 dealers in my area, but i think it depends what kind of service manager they got ( seen a good one goinbg to crap, and a good manager brining rep back up). as far as Fred Beans Chevy is on my speed dial. I am in CO and when i needed flywheel and LS7 clutch local dealers would not talk to me w/o providing them a Z06 Vin ( similar if you are to buy GNX parts). Bean took my order and sold me a 1000 dollar clutch that went on LSx engine...

That's Parts. Service is another and unfortunate matter altogether.

joebinotto 05-11-2011 09:41 AM

Re: CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst
 
Can anyone recommend a good Jeep dealership in southern California area for maintenance and repairs? I purchased my Summit in Palm Springs but need a good dealer south of Los Angeles in OC.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community