Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Problems with JGC Alarm/Locks (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/problems-with-jgc-alarm-locks-23039.html)

justin1569 05-10-2011 06:07 PM

Problems with JGC Alarm/Locks

This is to follow up on the thread called Alarming Issue.

How many people have experienced their JGC alarm systems randomly going off for no reason or any other alarm related issues?

I for example have heard my alarm go off for no reason. It also unlocks at random times and when I grab the handle the horn sounds three times indicating the alarm has been tripped at one point. The only time it unlocks without making a sound is when I press the unlock button on the key fob.

My horn now sounds like it's beginning to wear out.

shamus 05-10-2011 06:59 PM

Re: Problems with JGC Alarm/Locks

no option for no issues (yet)?

justin1569 05-10-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamus (Post 412564)
no option for no issues (yet)?

Nah, this is aimed towards those who have issues.

Nouveau Redneck 05-11-2011 09:47 AM

Mine has operated as designed. No problems. Your poll results are going to be biased unless you include those who have not had any problems. Otherwise it wil look like everyone has had at least one of the problems listed.

jcnaranjo 05-11-2011 10:25 AM

I posted this on the troubleshooting area under "alarm system woke us up last night" :

My wife and I were watching TV upstairs this evening and we heard an annoying car alarm (horn) going off for about a minute then it stopped. It sounded like it was coming from up the street. About 20 minutes ago it started again but this time it did not stop. I got up and looked out the window to see where it was coming from. It sounded like it was coming from up the street again. I walked downstairs and realized it was my WK2 in the garage that was honking uncontrollably!!! I tried every button on the FOB with no luck. When I hit the panic button and the horn started beeping faster. I pressed it again and the horn slowed down back to the original interval that woke us up. I continued trying to press the the buttons on the FOB until it finally stopped. I am almost sure the first time we heard the alarm it was also my ride. Anyone else having this issue??

phatal 05-11-2011 10:37 AM

I did have the same problem and brought it into Jeep, they ordered me 2 brand new keys. The problem is gone

JayB 05-11-2011 12:19 PM

no vote for no issues what so ever?

jcnaranjo 05-11-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatal (Post 412963)
I did have the same problem and brought it into Jeep, they ordered me 2 brand new keys. The problem is gone

Thanks, will have them do the same for me when I bring it on for an oil change next week...

LiquidOxygen 05-11-2011 01:48 PM

Can we add a slot for no issue at all. It Would be nice to gauge the size of this issue rather than just the bad ones stating what problem they have.

justin1569 05-11-2011 02:19 PM

I don't know if I can add a no issue choice...obviously people will see the numbers and realize it's not a huge issue. I was just curious about what specific issue they were having given the choices.

My GC is currently at the dealer right now so we will see what happens.

justin1569 05-13-2011 08:43 PM

Well my problem is fixed.

Here is what it was...

My complaint:

check and advise for door locks randomly locking and unlocking. Never occurs when the client is driving. On occasion alarm system will go off. Occurred for client and advisor. Advisor was performing damage check and doors locked without key pressed or door handle touched

Cause:

Failure

Correction:

Replaced liftgate chrome moulding with new switch

Handle 23-014-010

Yay!:)

m2structural 06-27-2011 04:15 PM

Im having the same issue with the false alarm. Happened once last week and twice today. All three were within about 5 minutes of the car being parked.