Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Headlights too bright? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/headlights-too-bright-23050.html)

JustForJeeps 05-10-2011 10:44 PM

Headlights too bright?

Every night I get at least one person "high beam me" thinking I'm blinding them with my high beams when really they are just the normal head lights. Is anyone else having this issue? It came to a head this evening when a woman followed me off the highway and chased me down with major road rage.

robpp 05-10-2011 10:46 PM

Re: Headlights too bright?

is your auto leveling working? if you have OEM projectors?

JustForJeeps 05-10-2011 10:51 PM

This has happened in a Limited and 2 Overland models I have driven. I am currently driving the Overland. I have to take it into service tomorrow. I just keep on forgetting but not after this evening!

Escape 05-10-2011 11:04 PM

If someone chases you down with roadrage calmly pull over and wait for them to angerly approach the vehicle and then have them speak into the business end of the USP40. They shut up and leave pretty fast!

I have the same issue about once every 3 months and my lights are perfectly set. Our lights are just at their head level in their little smart cars and prius's.

GR33N D3M0N 05-10-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escape (Post 412746)
If someone chases you down with roadrage calmly pull over and wait for them to angerly approach the vehicle and then have them speak into the business end of the USP40. They shut up and leave pretty fast!

I have the same issue about once every 3 months and my lights are perfectly set. Our lights are just at their head level in their little smart cars and prius's.

:thumbsup:

Robert Palmer 05-10-2011 11:14 PM

Some women today are bold. Do they not think they are going to one day run into a man who isn't going to give a shit and punch her like if she was a man?

Sheesh. lol

JustForJeeps 05-10-2011 11:18 PM

This is exactly what happened. I pulled over and the woman put her window down and was screaming like a maniac then put her window up in her Toyota sedan before I could even speak. I am pretty sure she was calling the police. In a perfect world I would monster truck her car.

BOYCHIKS 05-10-2011 11:19 PM

When I drive at night, with only my headlights on, I get brighted a lot. When I drive with both headlights and fogs on, I get brighted almost every time I pass someone.

I was actually pulled over by a cop who said my headlights were blinding. It was night time of course, he asked if they were OEM.. I said yes... Then looked at them and asked if they came red... I said no... Wrote me a ticket and said the paint may have caused them to be brighter..... BS!

GR33N D3M0N 05-10-2011 11:22 PM

Wow, the paint makes it brighter?

JustForJeeps 05-10-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOYCHIKS (Post 412754)
When I drive at night, with only my headlights on, I get brighted a lot. When I drive with both headlights and fogs on, I get brighted almost every time I pass someone.

I was actually pulled over by a cop who said my headlights were blinding. It was night time of course, he asked if they were OEM.. I said yes... Then looked at them and asked if they came red... I said no... Wrote me a ticket and said the paint may have caused them to be brighter..... BS!

That is major BS. Same thing happened to my dad except he got out of the ticket.

BOYCHIKS 05-10-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustForJeeps (Post 412761)
That is major BS. Same thing happened to my dad except he got out of the ticket.

Well I did go to court, took my original window sticker with the $2k option, including the headlamps. On the window sticker, is says like 2 or 3 times about the HID's.. The judge was trying to let me go, and I could tell he wanted to, but the commonwealth wasn't letting it go with my record. (I've had several improper equipments, mostly on my past mustang)

Knightrider03m 05-10-2011 11:34 PM

Some people just isn't used to HIDs I guess. I've been flashed with my Lincoln a few times and ALWAYS seem to get flashed with my moms SHO. I just get tired of it and leave my high beams on once I get flashed. I've seen the power of the SHOs high beams, once they are on you can't see shit if your the on coming driver, if you tend to drive the same route every night, you train others to not hit their high beams at you that way :lol:, I've notice that I don't get flashed as much in her car as I did when she 1st got it. I wonder if that is why I don't get flashed in my Jeep with aftermarket HIDs also LOL

Headlights don't bother me that much in my truck but I do know that when I'm in my camaro and a truck is behind me, I get a little bothered by the lights. But I can't image a normal sitting car having the same issues as I do in my lower camaro