Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f136/)
-   -   Rear fog question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f136/rear-fog-question-23062.html)

Relwarc 05-11-2011 07:14 AM

Rear fog question

Maybe this is a dumb question....

but three of us in the shop this weekend could NOT figure out how to remove the fogs from the bumper without removing the entire bumper!

There's a screw on one side of the light, and it seems impossible to get to.

any insight?

Relwarc 05-11-2011 07:17 AM

Re: Rear fog question

Secondary question: Is there any aftermarket support for these? any clear/LED housings?

SRTILL8 05-11-2011 08:22 AM

lol-

yo doug, its not that hard. i took my cracked one out in less than 2 minutes while laying on my back all pissed off talking to the ferrari meathead at the same time.

second question- clear fogs..... never seen one, doubt one exist. but i can say people have mentioned the "clear fogs" for ages now with no luck...

gl yo-

Relwarc 05-11-2011 08:30 AM

how did you get to the fog behind the bumper? We couldnt reach the screw.

SRTILL8 05-11-2011 08:39 AM

hahaha, maybe im fortunate enough to have everything stretched out from the ferrari incident- lol

but in all seriousness, its easy. maybe use a tiny driver to reach it :thumbsup:

edit- did you remove the plastic clips first to give the bumper some play?

Relwarc 05-11-2011 08:41 AM

no, which clips? the ones on the step pad?

SRTILL8 05-11-2011 08:46 AM

nah, not those. dont touch those- besides the painted rear step you have looks great- lol

if you get on your back and look up at the rear fogs from below you will see the bumper is attached with clips like the ones i gave you for spares that day we met up. theres two of them right in front of the rear fogs. if you take them out the bumper has a lot of play to work with.

Relwarc 05-11-2011 08:48 AM

ohhhh ok, got ya. Thanks man, i'll mess with it!

ekaz 05-11-2011 08:58 AM

You can either take the bumper cover off or you need to drill a hole in the brace behind the fog to get to the screw.

Relwarc 05-11-2011 09:05 AM

haha ugh...

I'll try what 'till said, just in case i can sneak it, then maybe i'll be drilling a hole.

and hey Ekaz! Your jeep is pretty much the reason i loved modern blue so much! now we're modern blue brothers! ha!

ekaz 05-11-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 412901)
haha ugh...

I'll try what 'till said, just in case i can sneak it, then maybe i'll be drilling a hole.

and hey Ekaz! Your jeep is pretty much the reason i loved modern blue so much! now we're modern blue brothers! ha!

The best and fastest color. LOL

BTW...if you decide to drill the hole, use a step drill, makes it real easy.