Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   greattt window problem (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/greattt-window-problem-23067.html)

Msouza91 05-11-2011 09:32 AM

greattt window problem

sooo other day my windows/locks/ and alarm stopped working... -_- fml anyone know anything about this?

Frango100 05-11-2011 10:02 AM

Re: greattt window problem

Did you check the fuses to start with? Did the interior lights stay on as well with the interior lights switch in normal position?

Msouza91 05-11-2011 10:03 AM

:(

Msouza91 05-11-2011 10:04 AM

So the interior lights work when the car is on or when the back door(s) are open... other then that no neither do the door/footwell lights stop working

Frango100 05-11-2011 10:04 AM

This doesnīt help anything:slapfight:

Frango100 05-11-2011 10:08 AM

You just send the other message, so disregard my previous one.
What do you mean that the lights work when the car is on, are they on all the time when you drive?

2005JGC 05-11-2011 01:33 PM

when I see a window/door lock issue my first thought is the door jamb wiring... especially if the lights are on all the time, its not seeing the door close also a symptom of a failed wire in the door jamb.

FWIW, when I repair these, I would look into a mopar connector repair kit for your blower motor resistor. the big, i dunno 14gauge ish green wires in the kit use the same terminal as the door connector. this way I can pull whats left of the broken power and ground into the vehicle (I always repair both the power and ground, its the big gauge wires that fail, and you will see even if only one is broken the other is cracked and ready to break... I then do my solder and heatshrink in the vehicle then run the wire back out to the door connector, I pull the old terminal out of the connector and slip the new one in... now you have a solid wire from the connector (in the door) to inside the vehicle and you dont have a gobbed up solder joint that is worked back and fourth for the next years to come easily causing the repair to fail down the road.

Taking pins out of a connector is REALLY easy... if you have done it before ;) Once you do it one time it will make all the since in the world but the first time you spend alot of time poking around and pulling.

Frango100 05-11-2011 01:58 PM

I had the same on my Jeep last year and did a "temporary" repair with solder, unneccesary to say that i still didnīt find the time to make a decend repair, but that is planned for the next time it breaks.............:D

heehawbus 05-11-2011 05:40 PM

my wj would do something similar once and a while, sometimes it wouldnt light up when i opened the door, and the remote wouldnt work at all only the tailgate would make a clicking sound, put the key in turn it on and it would work again.. windows the same thing it was weird..

anyway i never figured out what it was but if you disconnect the battery for a bit, step on the brake a couple times and reconnect it she would go back to normal.. kinda a pain in the ass but noticed that when i shut it down id go 1 click down to cut the engine, hold for a sec or two than finish taking the key out (3 beeps) it would do it less..

heehawbus 05-11-2011 05:42 PM

oh also if it helps, the passenger side door window switch modual has the antenna/controller for the remote keyless.. take that door panel off and you no longer have rke (or controls for the rest of the windows iirc)

2005JGC 05-12-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heehawbus (Post 413244)
oh also if it helps, the passenger side door window switch modual has the antenna/controller for the remote keyless.. take that door panel off and you no longer have rke (or controls for the rest of the windows iirc)

Brilliant... I didnt even think that far... I would start my inspection in the passanger door jamb!

heehawbus 05-12-2011 02:38 AM

also try the battery trick and see if you getem to work again