Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Interior "reverse" lights - what are they? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/interior-reverse-lights-what-are-they-23077.html)

HemiDawg 05-11-2011 11:59 AM

Interior "reverse" lights - what are they?

I have noticed two amber lights that come on at the back of the third brake light whenever the GC is put into reverse - what are these for?

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-11-2011 12:02 PM

Re: Interior "reverse" lights - what are they?

backup sensors

jeepgcoman 05-11-2011 02:27 PM

X2 on what the Swede says. The closer you get to something the more lights will come on. Also, notice that if your radio is on, it will shut off when the lights are on.

AB Jeepster 05-11-2011 02:35 PM

you know you are in trouble when you start seeing red lights in addition to the amber ones... means you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too close to something. It is actually a code that is connected directly to your insurance provider as they will know the instant you hit something while you were in reverse. :lol:

blackpepper 05-11-2011 02:35 PM

I wish I had these sometimes.. I contemplated adding them but it's not worth the $$ but if you towed a lot, it could be a sound investment.

HemiDawg 05-11-2011 02:56 PM

Hey, thanks for the info. Guess I have never noticed them because when backing up I am usually looking at the side mirrors - can't get used to using the camera!!

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-11-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 413135)
I wish I had these sometimes.. I contemplated adding them but it's not worth the $$ but if you towed a lot, it could be a sound investment.

just add a camera, they are much better

AB Jeepster 05-12-2011 11:43 AM

I use the camera and all three mirrors.... I LOVE the camera.... except of course when the lens is filthy...... then I go back to the prehistoric way of reversing.... using the mirrors....

jlewissystem 05-12-2011 12:17 PM

Mount a front grille guard on the rear bumper - old skool - reverse till you hear "bump" or "ouch" - FTW :D

JeepCoop 05-12-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlewissystem (Post 413739)
Mount a front grille guard on the rear bumper - old skool - reverse till you hear "bump" or "ouch" - FTW :D

Lol

Def get a camera. I love mine. If you have the nav you can get the lockpick and turn it on whenever you want! Haha. Def nice for backing that thing up

Sent from my iPhone