Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Huge Disappointment! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/huge-disappointment-23146.html)

overlander 05-12-2011 08:11 PM

Huge Disappointment!

Picked up the Overland last November, first the parking brake light on dash kept turning on while I was driving along with tire pressure sensor light even though the pressures were fine, got that fixed. Then few days ago after I had pulled away from my drive way I noticed a pool of rad fluid the size of my wheels on the ground, immediately called dealership and had it brought in. The Jeep had just broke the 10,000km mark. The dealer had told me my radiator was cracked due to a faulty manufacturing and it cracked at the welding seams so they had to order a new one and the closest one is about a week away... So the vehicle is not driveable until this is fixed and for some reason the Dodge/Jeep dealer does not do loaner vehicles.... Now I have to go get a rental myself. I would expect that if I paid 50k+ CAD for this vehicle they would at least give me a loaner vehicle till mine was fixed because in my past experience owning Lexus, BMW, Mercedes Benz, even Ford allowed loaner vehicles upon arrival even if it was just for a few hours of work. The explanation I got from them was "We sell way too many vehicles and if we gave out loaners we wouldn't have enough vehicles for everyone." WOW! Never mind that! The Jeep is new still and a cracked radiator already?!?!?! I've never had a cracked radiator in my life even in my old 1992 Nissan.... Thank god for factory warranty though everything is covered but in the end still a huge disappointment especially on a new vehicle...

overlander 05-12-2011 08:18 PM

Re: Huge Disappointment!

Here's a pic of it on my drive way, it leaked all the way to the dealer and god knows how long it has been leaking before I noticed it. :mad:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h215/bkao88/photo.jpg

moosehead 05-12-2011 08:28 PM

Others have reported a broken radiator hose clamp which was replaced by a proper clamp. Can't recall but seems like it was at least two other JG members.

overlander 05-12-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 413999)
Others have reported a broken radiator hose clamp which was replaced by a proper clamp. Can't recall but seems like it was at least two other JG members.

I wish mine was a simple broken hose clamp, but nope! The damn thing cracked. :(

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-12-2011 08:38 PM

seems like you have a really shitty dealer. problems can occur on any new vehicle, the dealer should have worked with you a little better

Nouveau Redneck 05-14-2011 01:52 PM

Contact Jeep and tell them that you're sending them the bill for the rental vehicle.

Technosavant 05-14-2011 02:17 PM

Yeah, sounds like your dealer sucks.

I will say that given the price of this vehicle, the dealers need to remember that the buyers have other options with MUCH better support. Example: my wife and I just bought her an Infiniti G37x this week- the MSRP between that thing and my Grand Cherokee was very nearly identical. However, the Infiniti dealership is in another league entirely; cleaner, nicer, and loaner cars for everything. I understand that such things are why an oil change there is almost double that at Jeep, but if you're paying $40K for a vehicle, you are expecting a bit more than the person who is buying a $15K econobox.

overlander 05-21-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 414009)
seems like you have a really shitty dealer. problems can occur on any new vehicle, the dealer should have worked with you a little better

I agree with the shitty dealer part but yes any new vehicle might have problems but nothing catastrophic like this I have ever seen which leaves my vehicle undriveable. This is the 8th new vehicle I have purchased in my lifetime and the 3rd Chrysler product... Even my wifes 2000 Intrepid or my brothers WJ Overland are still operating with no major issues, I would consider this a MAJOR issue, its not something miniscule like a malfunctioning parking sensor... I thought Chrysler had got their shit back on track but it doesn't seem like it to me.

After exchanging lots phone calls I finally got a rental from Budget paid by the dealer, but since I have a WK2 Overland, the best rental they would allow is $30 a day which gets me a Ford Focus or Chevy Impala 4 door sedan type garbage.... Way to go Jeep! It's sad because they are the largest dealer in western Canada and they can't even give me a decent rental... Due to my occupation I need a 4x4 capable vehicle to work but oh well I guess it's better than having no rental.