Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Sirius cancels free trial membership!? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/sirius-cancels-free-trial-membership-23228.html)

trey264 05-14-2011 09:52 PM

Sirius cancels free trial membership!?

Sirius canceled our 1 year free membership today even though we have only had our Grand Cherokee for 3 weeks. They said that vehicle probably has been registered for a year. Explained that I was looking at the shipping order with a date of 3-1-11 on it. They said they would "escalate" our request and contact the selling dealer. They have turned the satellite radio back on until situation is resolved. Has anyone else had this problem?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4
Dark Charcoal/Light Frost
V-6, Trailer Tow Group, Off-Road Package I, 730N RHR

J13ntv 05-14-2011 09:53 PM

Re: Sirius cancels free trial membership!?

Ive read about others being cut off before a year. usually they said a quick call to the dealer and they get it fixed.

scottw911 05-14-2011 10:13 PM

That happened on our last Chrysler product. When I called Sirius, they said the dealer screwed up when they entered the date for the Sirius Traffic. Sirius said they would add a year, from the date of my call. Three years later, my Sirius Radio and Sirius Traffic were still free.

You just need to talk to the right customer service rep. A good one will do what it takes to make sure you are happy.

CPT2010 05-17-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw911 (Post 414954)
That happened on our last Chrysler product. When I called Sirius, they said the dealer screwed up when they entered the date for the Sirius Traffic. Sirius said they would add a year, from the date of my call. Three years later, my Sirius Radio and Sirius Traffic were still free.

You just need to talk to the right customer service rep. A good one will do what it takes to make sure you are happy.

x2 my 05 hemi still has sat radio for free (knock on wood):lol:

trey264 05-18-2011 09:50 PM

Thanks for the info. If anything other then my sat radio being reinstated for a year I will update the post. Thanks again.

K9jackie 06-12-2011 11:48 PM

I just got a notice that my 3 month trial is over????
They say I need to find the paperwork that says it is suppose to be a year!

White Chocolate 06-13-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9jackie (Post 429791)
I just got a notice that my 3 month trial is over????
They say I need to find the paperwork that says it is suppose to be a year!

PM Milous

Se7endust1 06-13-2011 07:46 AM

I've heard you can haggle prices over the phone. All you have to do is "I don't want to pay that much"...and keep it going from there. Keep the service rep on the phone long enough and it seems you can get it for 50% off. I suppose it matters who the rep is but it's worth a shot.

ColdCase 06-13-2011 12:16 PM

Sirius canceled my spouse's one year paid subscription, spent 2 hours on hold trying to get that resolved. They made us pay for a new one year subscription, probably lost $5-$6 in the exercise and too may hours of my time. You will find many complaints about customer service, mostly about Sirius not canceling service when requested. They have just about the poorest rated customer service in the industry.... and there are some really bad ones out there. Once they get you hooked (you now have to subscribe with auto renewal) it seems impossible to escape.

Knightrider03m 06-13-2011 02:52 PM

Im 16 days away from having my truck for a year. My satellite is still working.

Hemi05WK 06-13-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 430096)
Im 16 days away from having my truck for a year. My satellite is still working.

Don't say that too loud...:)

Knightrider03m 06-13-2011 09:54 PM

Woah Tom, Your back!