Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Ambient Light Kit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/ambient-light-kit-23305.html)

wreckdive 05-16-2011 08:08 PM

Ambient Light Kit

5 Attachment(s)
Finally got around to getting some shots of what the Ambient Lighting Kit looks like in the cockpit. Because of the long exposures needed, the ambient lighting appears much brighter than it looks out there on the road. Still, I wish there were some way to dim these with the other cabin lights - just a bit. Probably not to everyone's taste, but I like 'em!
The rear footwells are also illuminated with this kit.
There are about 8 different colors at two intensity levels each, selectable via a low profile button mounted on the side of the center console. I usually like the red-low setting. Wife likes the aqua color best.

Grand Cherokee 2011 22400 Ambient Lighting, front and rear seats, Mopar #82212347 Install time is about 3 hours.

stephsman21 05-16-2011 08:10 PM

Re: Ambient Light Kit

looks really good, i love all of that stuff!!!

moosehead 05-16-2011 08:16 PM

It appears that the 4th photo is closest match to the WK2 interior lighting in the cupholders & doorhandles and whatnot?

I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative to the ambient lighting kit such as color match a bulb to the footwells and either leave them wired to the door opening or hard-wire them to the console cupholder.

Either way you get a +rep for pimp modding.

jgc4ever 05-16-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreckdive (Post 415967)
Finally got around to getting some shots of what the Ambient Lighting Kit looks like in the cockpit. Because of the long exposures needed, the ambient lighting appears much brighter than it looks out there on the road. Still, I wish there were some way to dim these with the other cabin lights - just a bit. Probably not to everyone's taste, but I like 'em!
The rear footwells are also illuminated with this kit.
There are about 8 different colors at two intensity levels each, selectable via a low profile button mounted on the side of the center console. I usually like the red-low setting. Wife likes the aqua color best.

Grand Cherokee 2011 22400 Ambient Lighting, front and rear seats, Mopar #82212347 Install time is about 3 hours.

What are the other three colors? Is white one of them?

Hollywood 05-17-2011 07:52 AM

I tried to get this kit when I ordered my Overland a couple months ago but I was told it wasn't available yet. When did you get it?

Also, are you saying that you can't "dim" the lights that come in this kit??

GR33N D3M0N 05-17-2011 07:56 AM

wow, looks awesome!

wreckdive 05-17-2011 08:37 AM

^^^ jgc4- the colors are red, green, blue, purple, amber, aqua, pink, and white, plus an off position. Each of the colors has a hi- and a low-intensity option. Press and hold the control button for 2 seconds to turn everything off.

^^ Hollywood- the kit gets wired for power, but it is not coupled to the instrument/cabin rheostat-dimmer.

The user information that came with the kit said the lights would cycle through all the colors and hi/low intensity settings... and that whenever reactivated the cycle would start from the last active color when on. Sure enough, the first time I turned on the lights they began to automatically cycle through all the colors... WAY too disco for my liking! I used the selector button to manually change the colors, held the button to turn them off, turned them back on again, played around a bit more... and the cycling stopped. Now I just set it to the color I want and leave it there, and nothing changes until I change it (the way it should be). I have not figured out how to get the cycling to start again, and don't care to anyway.

If I figure out a way to add some resistance to the power feeding the LEDs, to bring the intensity down just a bit, I will post it to the forum. I'm not real motivated to do that since the effect is really not as bright and vibrant as it appears in my photos. I'm really digging this mod!

gtj105 05-17-2011 01:06 PM

Where can you get this kit?

Andrew Klossner 05-17-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtj105 (Post 416406)
Where can you get this kit?

Click here.

Snipe315 05-25-2011 11:27 AM

Now that looks AWESOME!!!

:thumbsup:

I saw this in one of the WK2 brochures but hadn't heard if it was available yet and no one had installed one.

I really like this concept of being able to change the interior lighting colors. Its similar to the Ford MyFord Ambient Lighting options in SYNC.

QCnCA 05-25-2011 11:11 PM

Where's the knob? I'm interested to see where it gets installed.. Pics?

evolos 05-26-2011 07:16 PM

this look awesome. it was the one thing my wife likedmore about the edge. now she can have the best of both worlds lol