Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Grace Period on Incentives? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/grace-period-on-incentives-23359.html)

N1242N 05-17-2011 09:00 PM

Grace Period on Incentives?

After months of keeping my fingers crossed (and trying to convince Chrysler to put me on their "TDM" list), I FINALLY received a direct mail piece offering "No-Cost Maintenance Plus" (a $1,100 value) with the purchase of any Jeep vehicle.

The only problem: I picked up my Jeep from the dealer last Thursday, and technically our deal is done. Does anyone know whether these types of offers can be applied retroactively for a certain period of time? Sure would be nice if Chrysler gave some sort of grace period, since having free oil changes for 3 years would be pretty sweet.

towtruckted 05-17-2011 10:03 PM

Re: Grace Period on Incentives?

TDM list?

mjw930 05-17-2011 10:14 PM

The offer should show a start and end date. Take it to your dealer and see if they can submit it with your sale date on it. Hell, it was probably mailed before you took delivery so it was technically active.

N1242N 05-17-2011 11:20 PM

From what I understand, the "TDM List" is Chrysler's "target direct mail" list, which they use for sending offers like the one I received (in addition to other cash incentives that were run earlier in the model year). The Jeep Incentives Department (877-I-AM-JEEP) didn't reveal how to get on it, but I made a concerted effort to give Jeep my contact information (through the website, calling the Grand Cherokee Information Center, identifying myself as a prior Jeep owner, etc). I also heard that the customer lists from the dealer franchises that closed after Chrysler's bankruptcy became part of the TDM List.

In any case, being on the "TDM List" probably isn't enough to guarantee you'll receive any offers - which might explain my long wait. The actual mailing list for any given offer is likely a subset of the TDM List that meets certain criteria based on zip code, demographics, etc.

N1242N 05-18-2011 10:24 AM

Update on my original post:

I called the Jeep Incentives Department to explain the situation, and after a little wrangling, they agreed that I should be eligible for the offer, since it began on 4/18/11 and runs through 6/30/11. They gave me two options: one, to bring the certificate to the dealer and have them push it through, and two, to have Chrysler fax me the paperwork for me to process myself. They also mentioned that there IS a 5-day grace period that applies to the expiration date of the certificate. Glad to report that Chrysler had some flexibility in my case. Keep your eyes on your mailboxes, guys, in case you get one of these!!

Andrew Klossner 05-18-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N1242N (Post 416878)
it began on 4/18/11 and runs through 6/30/11

Hmm. That would explain why my dealer could sell it to me on April 22 at a reduced price. :(

towtruckted 05-18-2011 03:41 PM

Thanks for explaining "TDM." Much appreciated!