Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/static-crackle-hmmmmm-23395.html)

Dan JGC 05-18-2011 10:29 PM

Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
My 730N RHR has starting an occasional crackle. It happened right after the Sirius station changes and seems to only be on satellite channels, not on the regular AM/FM (although I don't listen to AM/FM that much). It isn't all the time and I am trying to isolate when it occurs (also seems to go away when change satellite channels)...will need to play music from my iPhone too to see if there is crackle with that. I haven't changed out the antenna for a sharkfin or anything like that. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced crackling since the Sirius channel change?

Was hoping it would go away... so far this is my only issue with the new WK2...

mjw930 05-19-2011 06:39 AM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
No issue with the 430N since the change.

Benzie002 05-19-2011 06:52 AM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
Mine (730N RHR) is still happening- also about the same time. Very intermittent. I have not contacted dealer yet.

Hollywood 05-19-2011 07:52 AM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
My 730N RHR has been OK since the update. I'm frustrated by a "rattle" by the passengers side rear door headlliner/sunroof area. It's always something', ain't it? :lol:

Dan JGC 05-19-2011 08:47 AM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzie002 (Post 417364)
Mine (730N RHR) is still happening- also about the same time. Very intermittent. I have not contacted dealer yet.

My 730N RHR never had any crackle issue until right around the Sirius channel change thing.....it may be coincidence....dunno.....and it is intermittent too. Since the Sirius channels are all digital....don't know what the source of the crackle is yet.

JF_Inferno 05-19-2011 09:02 AM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
I have had the same issues. They seem to be subsiding a bit. FYI... my wife's 2011 Maxima has Sirius as well and she has been having sound quality issues since the switch too. Her crackling, static sounds are a bit different than mine but they are there. They seem to be worse on different stations as well. When I listen to AltNation 36 it's really bad but when I switch to 20 on 20 or FoxNews it's not nearly as bad.

Has to be a Sirius (no pun intended)issue. I have bigger things on my 'need to be addressed list' when I visit the dealership so I probably won't think to mention it when I go in next.

Dan JGC 05-19-2011 09:13 AM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JF_Inferno (Post 417393)
I have had the same issues. They seem to be subsiding a bit. FYI... my wife's 2011 Maxima has Sirius as well and she has been having sound quality issues since the switch too. Her crackling, static sounds are a bit different than mine but they are there. They seem to be worse on different stations as well. When I listen to AltNation 36 it's really bad but when I switch to 20 on 20 or FoxNews it's not nearly as bad.

Has to be a Sirius (no pun intended)issue. I have bigger things on my 'need to be addressed list' when I visit the dealership so I probably won't think to mention it when I go in next.

Thanks for the additional info....I need to play more music from my iPhone and see if there is any crackle with that....I am hoping it is a Sirius issue on their end. Added to my need to address list too......

Deserthucker 05-19-2011 09:24 AM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
Is there a way to rescan the Sirius channels?
maybe disconnect the battery, let it stand for a while to drain the power then reconnect the battery see if it goes through a reset.
Use to work on our sat TV decoders when they change channels.

gtamike 05-19-2011 02:37 PM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
I have been having it happen to me too, (I have a 730 RHR), started out really noticeable around the time Sirius made the changes and now it is much less noticeable, tend to hear it occuring more on "80's on 8" of the stations I listen. It does not happen on CD, AM or FM or HDD. To me the sound sounds like a snap or crackle, like when you get a shock or a static discharge.

Dan JGC 05-19-2011 02:44 PM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtamike (Post 417561)
I have been having it happen to me too, (I have a 730 RHR), started out really noticeable around the time Sirius made the changes and now it is much less noticeable, tend to hear it occuring more on "80's on 8" of the stations I listen. It does not happen on CD, AM or FM or HDD. To me the sound sounds like a snap or crackle, like when you get a shock or a static discharge.

EXACTLY.....the crackle isn't like normal static (although Sirius is digital so should either have sound or no sound, not static). Seems worse on some stations or perhaps the intermittence just makes it seem that way. Hoping it is not the 730N RHR that needs to be replaced or something. Glad others are experiencing the same thing...so that it must be something on Sirius' end to fix...I HOPE!!! Thanks for the feedback...this forum is great! :thumbsup:

skinny 05-19-2011 04:38 PM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
Mine does something similar. Seems more like it skips or drops the signal for a second. Noticed it right after the channel change.

duce95 05-19-2011 08:21 PM

Re: Static / Crackle.....hmmmmm
 
Mine also does the crackle. 730 n. Thought it was from taking my stereo out to install my lockpick. I had shaved off some on the shielding on one of my harnesses against some sharp metal in the dash, taped it all up. Good to know it wasn't from my install.

Mine only does it on Sirius. DVD, radio and iPod are great.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community