Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/2011-laredo-x-package-wheels-23409.html)

AquaForester 05-19-2011 10:11 AM

2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
I'm curious about something. I purchased a 2011 x-package laredo. I was on the fence for a while because I didn't really love the wheels that came with the package (It's Leased). I almost purchased a Limited just for the wheels, but I couldn't justify the price difference since the only thing I didn't like on the laredo was the wheels. Everything was fine, I even was able to get the pana roof. I thought the painted rims on the Lardeo where kinda flat looking and didn't do much for the truck. I've since gotten used to them and I still sometimes like the simple look and other times I do not. I know it's a personal thing, but I'm curious if other's thought the same way.

JayB 05-19-2011 10:17 AM

Re: 2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
I have my 18" painted wheels for sale.
If that gives you any indication....

AquaForester 05-19-2011 10:26 AM

Re: 2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 417431)
I have my 18" painted wheels for sale.
If that gives you any indication....

LOL, what did you put on.

JayB 05-19-2011 10:29 AM

Re: 2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
18" wheels with 32" rubber from stock JK Sahara. Got em for a real good price too :)

77rednecktruck 05-19-2011 11:00 AM

Re: 2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
I don't mind the wheels on my Laredo X. I will probably get a different wheel and tire package when the OEM tires wear out but am fine with it how it is for now. They clean up easy with a drive through car wash and brake dust comes off easy, so far.

JayB 05-19-2011 11:13 AM

Re: 2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 77rednecktruck (Post 417452)
I don't mind the wheels on my Laredo X. I will probably get a different wheel and tire package when the OEM tires wear out but am fine with it how it is for now. They clean up easy with a drive through car wash and brake dust comes off easy, so far.

I couldn't agree with you more redneck.
I probably would have kept them until I burned through the rubber, but then I found out the stock latitude tours were horrible in snow.
First time I parked on a sloped, snow covered driveway.... Jeep slid back into the gutter between the road and driveway.
I was not impressed with the actual snow handling while on the road anyways, I hated the look of the wheels, and I thought Jeep should have put on a more aggressive and taller AT tire.
The bad snow handling made me want to change asap. When I found the wheels and tires off a stock JK Sahara for cheap it sealed the deal. While the Bridgestone Dueller ATs aren't the best in the snow, they are miles ahead of the latitude's. I like the look of the wheels a lot better too. When I burn through the rubber I'll get a proper AT tire in 275 65 18.

vikingdave 05-19-2011 05:21 PM

Re: 2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
I actually prefer the Laredo-X wheels over the polished ones. It's all personal preference, but polished 20" wheels (along with chrome mirrors) just don't look right to me on a Jeep. The 18's are also better for offroading.

AquaForester 05-19-2011 09:36 PM

Re: 2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vikingdave (Post 417636)
I actually prefer the Laredo-X wheels over the polished ones. It's all personal preference, but polished 20" wheels (along with chrome mirrors) just don't look right to me on a Jeep. The 18's are also better for offroading.

Yep, I go back and forth. Sometimes I like the wheels and other times I don't. I don't mind that they aren't polished even many of the BMW/Mercedes SUVs don't have polished rims. My big complaint was they looked a little flat and basic, but someone mentioned they are easy to clean because of that, but I thought they could've done a bit more to separate it more from the base laredo rim.

dogface_313 05-20-2011 01:26 AM

Re: 2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
I agree! I haven't even taken delivery yet(today, fingers crossed) and i allready plan on painting/powder coating the stock wheels black. I think that will help a lot. I have dark charcoal ext.

4th Cherokee 05-27-2011 07:32 PM

Re: 2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
I also felt the stock 18 are flat, although great in snow :D

DJGeyer 05-28-2011 10:59 PM

Re: 2011 Laredo X-Package Wheels
 
I also have a Charcoal Grey X, and thought the rims finish looks flat - I am a chrome guy and am changing them out to wheels I found on uswheelexchange.com, they are the same factory wheels, but in a finish called Permachrome - guaranteed not to peel or pit like chrome plated...will post some pix when done....

AquaForester 05-29-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeyer (Post 421908)
I also have a Charcoal Grey X, and thought the rims finish looks flat - I am a chrome guy and am changing them out to wheels I found on uswheelexchange.com, they are the same factory wheels, but in a finish called Permachrome - guaranteed not to peel or pit like chrome plated...will post some pix when done....

Definitely want to see pics


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community