Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   My WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/my-wk2-23548.html)

bigpanda 05-23-2011 08:57 AM

My WK2

6 Attachment(s)
Here is my WK2 Overland. Here in Korea, Hemi is not available due to high gas price but we also get little different OEM options with navi sys w/DMB(TV), shark fin and so on. And for safety, I added a "black box" which records front and back of the car for 24hr using 16GB SD.

SRTgirl 05-23-2011 11:49 PM

Re: My WK2

Looks awesome! Congrats on the new Jeep! :thumbsup:

Scottina06 05-23-2011 11:58 PM

nice pics and Jeep bud! I bet theers a lot of jealous Koreans near you!

bigpanda 05-24-2011 02:11 AM

Thanks, guys. Here people are more into Wranglers than Grand Cherokees but they certainly welcome the new look of WK2 though.

Juan 05-24-2011 03:38 AM

Your Vehicle is 10X better than the american wk2! I dig the stock sharkfin? / front camera+ / navigation and tv at the same time split screen+ / no chrome on your mirrors +. That is a sick looking vehicle! Makes me want to move to Korea. Would you mind sharing with us what one of those cost in Korea with the US conversion. Feel free to PM if so.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-24-2011 07:26 AM

nice

bigpanda 05-24-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 419731)
Your Vehicle is 10X better than the american wk2! I dig the stock sharkfin? / front camera+ / navigation and tv at the same time split screen+ / no chrome on your mirrors +. That is a sick looking vehicle! Makes me want to move to Korea. Would you mind sharing with us what one of those cost in Korea with the US conversion. Feel free to PM if so.

Thanks, Juan. Honestly, sorry I don't know the cost for conversion. Since US version of map doesn't work here, as soon as car hits the port, during PDI, Chrysler of Korea does some fabrication job on navi.

So, all the WK2 here get new navi with TV, new map with real time traffice and so on. But the black box with cameras is something I added. It is getting popular here and it actually helps when the accident happens since it's recording 24/7. Even, when someone bumps into your car while you car is parked, it can catch his/her license plate. I think it's cool idea.

About the body colored side mirror cover, I personally like it better than chrome ones.

chibianh 05-24-2011 07:24 PM

congrats on the new ride! Is the sharkfin OEM?

bigpanda 05-24-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibianh (Post 420080)
congrats on the new ride! Is the sharkfin OEM?

Thanks. Yes, it's OEM.

chibianh 05-26-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpanda (Post 420087)
Thanks. Yes, it's OEM.

nice.. that one looks smaller than the aftermarket one everyone is buying. How much would one of those parts cost in american dollars if you were to purchase one? I have a friend in Seoul teaching.. maybe I can convince her to get me a few parts.. lol.

bigpanda 05-26-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibianh (Post 420802)
nice.. that one looks smaller than the aftermarket one everyone is buying. How much would one of those parts cost in american dollars if you were to purchase one? I have a friend in Seoul teaching.. maybe I can convince her to get me a few parts.. lol.

Sorry, I don't know how much it is. I'm sure your friend can get one through the service center.