Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Looking to buy Grand Cherokee Limited V6 4*4 *HELP W/SPECS!!!* (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/looking-to-buy-grand-cherokee-limited-v6-4-4-help-w-specs-23561.html)

Puget 05-23-2011 04:46 PM

Looking to buy Grand Cherokee Limited V6 4*4 *HELP W/SPECS!!!*

Hey everyone,

Im currently in the process of looking/buying a 2011 Cherokee. Im particularly interested in a Limited 4x4 with a 3.6 V6 engine. However, I am uncertain of which additional options I should get or what they are. I am not interested in getting it with the Luxury Group. My main questions are: What's the difference between the Off-road package I and II? If I get either of those packages will I need the Tow package? I am going to be using it in the city, highways, and ranch trails/offroad (in Texas). Your help would be greatly appreciated.

pbm317 05-23-2011 04:59 PM

Re: Looking to buy Grand Cherokee Limited V6 4*4 *HELP W/SPECS!!!*

Offroad 1:
  • Front Suspension Skid Plate
  • Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
  • Full-Size Spare Tire
    • Steel Spare Wheel
  • P265/60R18 OWL On/Off-Road Tires
  • Skid Plate Group
  • Tow Hooks
  • "Trail Rated" Badge
  • Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
  • Underbody Skid Plate
Offroad II
  • 7- and 4-Pin Wiring Harness
  • Class IV Receiver Hitch
  • Delete Rear Tow Hook
  • Full-Size Spare Tire
    • Steel Spare Wheel
  • Skid Plate Group
  • Tow Hooks
  • "Trail Rated" Badge
  • Underbody Skid Plate

Jeeters 05-24-2011 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbm317 (Post 419436)
Offroad 1:
  • Full-Size Spare Tire
    • Steel Spare Wheel
  • Skid Plate Group
  • Tow Hooks
  • "Trail Rated" Badge
  • Underbody Skid Plate
Offroad II
  • 7- and 4-Pin Wiring Harness
  • Class IV Receiver Hitch
  • Delete Rear Tow Hook
  • Full-Size Spare Tire
    • Steel Spare Wheel
  • Skid Plate Group
  • Tow Hooks
  • "Trail Rated" Badge
  • Underbody Skid Plate

You've done nothing but list how they're described on the "Build Your Own" section of jeep.com

The problem is that those descriptions don't explain the $1100 difference in price between the two. Hence, the OP's question.

ColdCase 05-24-2011 06:06 AM

In other words, the off road II adds $1600 to the sticker but it looks like its just a combination of the off road adventure I ($550) and trailer tow Group ($445) (total $1000). What do you get for that extra $600?

see: http://www.jeep.com/en/2011/grand_ch...d_performance/

This page says off road II includes polished wheels and quadra lift... but also says the package is not available on the limited.

Jeep lists the off road II as an option on the limited build your own page but the dealer can't order the limited that way (last I checked). There may be vehicles on the lot built before the restriction. You may want to check with the dealer.

Dan JGC 05-24-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 419746)
In other words, the off road II adds $1600 to the sticker but it looks like its just a combination of the off road adventure I ($550) and trailer tow Group ($445) (total $1000). What do you get for that extra $600?

see: http://www.jeep.com/en/2011/grand_ch...d_performance/

This page says off road II includes polished wheels and quadra lift... but also says the package is not available on the limited.

Jeep lists the off road II as an option on the limited build your own page but the dealer can't order the limited that way (last I checked). There may be vehicles on the lot built before the restriction. You may want to check with the dealer.

^^^ Orders are closed for 2011 anyway...

ColdCase 05-24-2011 09:53 AM

Oh yeh, that's right. So if the OP was looking at Jeeps on the lot, it would be unlikely to find a off road II equiped limited. If he did find one, it would add the trailer tow package, polished wheels, and quadra-lift to the off road I skid plates/wheels for the $1100 premium price.

Your mileage may vary.

Dan JGC 05-24-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 419810)
Oh yeh, that's right. So if the OP was looking at Jeeps on the lot, it would be unlikely to find a off road II equiped limited. If he did find one, it would add the trailer tow package, polished wheels, and quadra-lift to the off road I skid plates/wheels for the $1100 premium price.

Your mileage may vary.

Quadra Lift is not an available option on the 2011 Limiteds anyway....

JF_Inferno 05-24-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puget (Post 419430)
Hey everyone,

Im currently in the process of looking/buying a 2011 Cherokee. Im particularly interested in a Limited 4x4 with a 3.6 V6 engine. However, I am uncertain of which additional options I should get or what they are. I am not interested in getting it with the Luxury Group. My main questions are: What's the difference between the Off-road package I and II? If I get either of those packages will I need the Tow package? I am going to be using it in the city, highways, and ranch trails/offroad (in Texas). Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Puget... where in Texas are you? I have a 2011 Red Overland with OR II 3300 miles with Quadra lift that I'm considering trading in for a V8. I ordered mine because as stated above... there are few options on lots for what you want and ordering is not an option now. Unless you want to wait a long time.

Puget 05-24-2011 11:59 AM

Im in Austin, TX. I'll contact you if interested. Thanks.