Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   Oil changes - SO easy (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/oil-changes-so-easy-23593.html)

Captain Slow 05-24-2011 09:33 AM

Oil changes - SO easy

Just changed the oil on my Overland V6 last night for the second time. I can't get over how easy it is to change the oil on this vehicle. It takes me longer to get out the wrenches and pan than it does to actually change the oil and filter. I've worked on a number of cars with the replaceable element oil filter before, but none have been as accessible and as easy to replace as this Jeep.

On my project difficulty scale, (That's the time and frustration of any project, rated by how many beers you can consume until finished. ) this is less than one beer! :)

RageOfFury 05-24-2011 04:47 PM

Re: Oil changes - SO easy

It is indeed very easy on the Pentastar engine! Having a cartridge type filter on top of the engine is a dream come true!:thumbsup:

Cherodude 05-24-2011 05:24 PM

Yep, it's a joy. No more oil spills from the oil filter on my old 4.0L Cherokee that were difficult to catch.

rich mac 06-02-2011 09:51 PM

Very easy on my Hemi as well. Took it to the dealer with $35 and watched the flatscreen tv while having a cup of coffee.
:D:D:D

Paul Y. 07-25-2011 02:27 PM

Doing it yourself is okay for the warranty?

RageOfFury 07-25-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Y. (Post 454523)
Doing it yourself is okay for the warranty?

Keep a record of the oil change and keep the receipts for the oil purchase and the oil filter purchase.

lll2for3lll 07-25-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich mac (Post 424267)
Very easy on my Hemi as well. Took it to the dealer with $35 and watched the flatscreen tv while having a cup of coffee.
:D:D:D

Dido. Lol.

MoxX 07-26-2011 10:11 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmm im embarrassed to ask :o, but can some1 post a how to vid on how to change the oil & filter on the 5.7 engine...and r u sure this will not void the warranty rageoffury???

ekaz 07-26-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoxX (Post 455025)
mmmmmmmmmmmmm im embarrassed to ask :o, but can some1 post a how to vid on how to change the oil & filter on the 5.7 engine...and r u sure this will not void the warranty rageoffury???

It will not void the warranty, keep the receipts for the oil and filter for proof in case they get bitchy about it. I usually write the mileage on the receipt as well.

RageOfFury 07-26-2011 05:03 PM

I have been doing my own oil changes for over a decade never had any issues with the warranty. Always kept the receipts and kept records(I use Microsoft Excel).

MoxX 07-27-2011 11:39 AM

great, coz the stealership here is charging a fortune for oil changes and vehicle check, i used to have a tahoe before getting the JGC and i was paying half of what the stealership is asking for the jeep...

can anyone post a how to vid plzzzzz

Mattaleca 08-26-2011 09:48 AM

I change the oil on my hemi last night for the 1st time and found it easier to remove the body pan wannabe skidplate. Is this the best method?