Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   WK2 Vs EF5 Tornado. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/wk2-vs-ef5-tornado-23695.html)

vstone 05-26-2011 05:03 PM

WK2 Vs EF5 Tornado.

1 Attachment(s)
Well, as tough as a Jeep is.. It cannot handle nor can anything else man made the power of mother nature..

5/23/11 Joplin Mo. The tragedy Iv seen here in 2 days will stick with me for a life time.. Truly a humbling experience.

Lingohocken 05-26-2011 05:27 PM

Re: WK2 Vs EF5 Tornado.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vstone (Post 421106)
Well, as tough as a Jeep is.. It cannot handle nor can anything else man made the power of mother nature..

5/23/11 Joplin Mo. The tragedy Iv seen here in 2 days will stick with me for a life time.. Truly a humbling experience.

Glad you're okay. We have relatives just outside town; they came out all right, but one has been digging through the debris to find missing co-workers. Grim stuff.

vstone 05-26-2011 06:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 421124)
Glad you're okay. We have relatives just outside town; they came out all right, but one has been digging through the debris to find missing co-workers. Grim stuff.

Im form KC area but have family in Joplin, All accounted for and safe. As for grandma's rental house and tenants were not so fortunate. Total and utter devastation.

Picture 3 is a Joplin Highschool where 400 seniors just finished graduation 15 min before the Tornado hit.

Marlin 05-26-2011 06:40 PM

Terrible stuff, everyone affected is in our thoughts.

I think I can speak for all Australians when I say that.

Scottina06 05-26-2011 06:41 PM

wow!

GTOGreg 05-26-2011 06:46 PM

That's horrible, glad you made it through it. I have family in Alabama that dodged a bullet with the tornadoes there. They confine damage to a smaller area than say a hurricane, but with 2,3,4X the wind-speed hardly anything in its path gets out in 1 piece. Thoughts and prayers to those that didn't make it.

DGoral31 05-26-2011 06:56 PM

:fthat:

Technosavant 05-26-2011 07:55 PM

The outpouring of support from across the state here in STL is amazing, but the folks down there in Joplin are in a world of hurt. That tornado went right down the main street in the commercial district, and what coverage I've seen of the devastation is absolutely unbelievable.

Thoughts and prayers go out to everybody in that community.

DAVY27 05-26-2011 09:24 PM

Just horrible. Thoughts and prayers to those affected.

White WK Swagga 05-26-2011 11:45 PM

Sorry to hear. My hearts go out to the people effected. I wouldn't even know where to start to rebuild. :(

vstone 05-26-2011 11:50 PM

I thought I was prepared before I got there. Im a first responder FF Emt and have seen my fair share of tragedy. but until I pulled in with my trailer and truck full of supplies and saw first hand how powerful mother nature is. Not gonna lie it broke me down. Then I think to myself, wow Im going to be here for a few days. Take a trip home sleep in my bed park in my garage and then come back for a few more days.. But these people are going to live this nightmare for years.

People are comparing this to Katrina's devastation.. Difference is, Katrina gave days of notice to prepair. These people had >10min..

Hearing a few uplifting storys, one in particular a Baby 4-6months found in his car seat 15ft in a tree not crying not injured, just hanging out. waiting to be found..

When you think wow thats amazing you hear about the other 5 mothers at st johns with newborns that were both sucked out of 9th story window.. or my cousin (11 year old) and his friend that found two dead babies from the hospital that will need to be dna tested to find out who they belong to to get a proper burial because their ID bracelets were destroyed.

Terrible friggin situation. Mother Nature is truly a bitch sometimes.

Sid Fields 05-27-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vstone (Post 421290)
Im a first responder FF Emt and have seen my fair share of tragedy. but until I pulled in with my trailer and truck full of supplies and saw first hand how powerful mother nature is.

Our church will have a collection this weekend for the victims of this tragedy. That's pretty easy for most of us.
I want to thank you and all of the first responders out there. You guys and girls and the folks in the military are the true heroes in this country.
Keeping it safe and easy for the rest of us.
Thanks folks!!