Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Service 4wd (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/service-4wd-23731.html)

RUBRMAN 05-27-2011 11:03 PM

Service 4wd

My service 4wd light has been coming on 2-3 times a week for the past 10 days. Every time at start up I get NO light. The light doesn't come on, until you drive for at least 10min or so, but every time is different. Could be 10 min then could be 1/2 hour or so, or sometimes not at all. So here are my specs.

2011 Overland with 5.7 and QL

Custom wheels 22x9 with 305/40R22 (31.6) Overall height.

Now before you say anything, the wheels have been on the Jeep since late March early April. No light till like I said about 10 days ago. Maybe I'm wrong, it could be the wheels. I hope there not cause I love them.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks in advance!
Jason.

mjw930 05-28-2011 05:00 PM

Re: Service 4wd

No reason for it to be the wheels as long as all 4 are the same size. Sounds like a fault the dealer should be able to read and fix. If nothing else, your Jeep dealer should know how to service the 4WD system......

JETLIFE 05-28-2011 05:55 PM

I get the "service 4wd" pretty regularly, it just pops up once in a while, goes away in a couple seconds. I know its happened to a lot of WK owners. But as far as WK2's, i dunno.

RUBRMAN 05-29-2011 12:44 AM

Thanks for the responses, look like I will just have to see what dealer says. I will keep you posted if interested.

justin1569 06-01-2011 12:53 PM

I had the same issue on my WK2 overland

It was a loose connection...simple fix by the dealer

JayB 06-01-2011 04:50 PM

:pics:

Gonna definitely need to see those 22s!

jlewissystem 06-01-2011 04:54 PM

Doubt this helps, but: I had the same thing on the WK and it needed a flash on my FCM.

RUBRMAN 06-02-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 423424)
:pics:

Gonna definitely need to see those 22s!

I will try to get some pics up this weekend since the weather will be nicer than normal. Damn rain!

Going to make a trip to the dealer next week after I put the stockers back on. Hope it's just a simple re-flash. Thanks for the help.

mikey74 06-14-2011 08:49 PM

Trip # 1 to a local Chrysler Dealer in Philadelphia. "Chrysler wants us to reflash the final drive control module. They say it fixes 90% of the Service 4wd system indications." Trip #2 to the same dealer after one week in their shop, "We reflashed the final drive control module with a newer software update than we used last time. Chrysler guarantees it to solve the problem." Trip #3 to the same dealer a few days ago, "If you're willing to pay for the labor, we would like to change the final drive control module. We're throwing things against the wall here and seeing what sticks." The final cost is gonna be about $200 for me and about $470 to the dealer. No sure if this will help you or not. But it might be worth mentioning to someone when you take it to the shop.

hammer1234 06-15-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey74 (Post 430968)
Trip # 1 to a local Chrysler Dealer in Philadelphia. "Chrysler wants us to reflash the final drive control module. They say it fixes 90% of the Service 4wd system indications." Trip #2 to the same dealer after one week in their shop, "We reflashed the final drive control module with a newer software update than we used last time. Chrysler guarantees it to solve the problem." Trip #3 to the same dealer a few days ago, "If you're willing to pay for the labor, we would like to change the final drive control module. We're throwing things against the wall here and seeing what sticks." The final cost is gonna be about $200 for me and about $470 to the dealer. No sure if this will help you or not. But it might be worth mentioning to someone when you take it to the shop.

So did you offer to pay anything? I wouldn't...vehicle is under warranty and if something is broken then Chrysler should fix it at no charge, period. That includes all troubleshooting (which is what they still appear to be doing).

Keep track of the times that it's in the shop...may need it for Lemon Law claim...

ENFORCER 06-15-2011 08:27 AM

I would not pay a cent, it is their problem, they should fix it under warranty.

Milous 06-27-2011 02:17 PM

A TSB/Flash update is in the works and due for release in about a week. Is anyone getting a C2221 code?