Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   passenger seat noise (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/passenger-seat-noise-23745.html)

jp467 05-28-2011 12:32 PM

passenger seat noise
 
I noticed on my Overland that sometimes the passenger seat back makes noise with nobody in it. It seems to rub on the center arm rest. I would think there should be a little gap between the seat back and the center console like there is for the drivers seat. Is this the same as what others are seeing?

scittb 05-28-2011 07:32 PM

Re: passenger seat noise
 
I get the noise too! Very annoying, I moved it back and down I think and it went away for the most part.

wjs81866 05-28-2011 10:45 PM

Re: passenger seat noise
 
There is a TSB for this.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_2301511.pdf

french_matt 05-29-2011 12:40 AM

Re: passenger seat noise
 
Check the seat belt push buckle that's between the center armrest and the seat: mine was hitting the seat the other day making an annoying rattle. I slightly moved the buckle up and it was gone!

dobiegillis 06-19-2011 10:01 PM

Re: passenger seat noise
 
I have this problem but I only hear the rattling/squeaking when the upper portion of the seat rubs the center armrest. The TSB only talks about the bottom of the seat cushion. I guess I'll ask about it when I get my oil changed but that won't be for a couple of months. I don't understand why the passenger seat is closer to the armrest/console than the drivers seat.

TalPA 06-20-2011 02:54 PM

Re: passenger seat noise
 
They can slide the armrest over a bit...Mine did it for awhile, they fixed it, but it has slid back a bit....

dobiegillis 06-20-2011 08:49 PM

I found a work around for this problem. When the lumbar support is set high/firm it will flare the sides of the seat slightly. This is enough to make the side of the passenger seat rub the arm rest and cause a rattle. I think one of my passengers set the lumbar at maximum firmness so I set it lower and that has eliminated the problem. I still plan to mention it at my next regular service.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ColdCase 06-20-2011 09:40 PM

Re: passenger seat noise
 
The headrest on mine rattles on larger bumps.

moontz 06-20-2011 10:01 PM

Re: passenger seat noise
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dobiegillis (Post 434609)
I found a work around for this problem. When the lumbar support is set high/firm it will flare the sides of the seat slightly. This is enough to make the side of the passenger seat rub the arm rest and cause a rattle. I think one of my passengers set the lumbar at maximum firmness so I set it lower and that has eliminated the problem. I still plan to mention it at my next regular service.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I have the same issue and resolved by sliding the seat all the way back to where it wasnt rubbing. But this sounds like a better option. I'll give it a try

tks2010 09-16-2011 08:50 AM

Re: passenger seat noise
 
I had the same rattle. They fixed the passenger seat bushings under the TSB. That didn't help. I finally discovered the answer. It appears to be the seat belt push buckle rubbing against the passenger seat You have plastic against plastic and it rattles. When I keep the passenger seat belt buckled even when there is no passennger, the rattle goes away. Anyone have a better answer than keeping the belt buckled all of the time?

Eric67 09-16-2011 03:51 PM

Re: passenger seat noise
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by french_matt (Post 421931)
Check the seat belt push buckle that's between the center armrest and the seat: mine was hitting the seat the other day making an annoying rattle. I slightly moved the buckle up and it was gone!

This worked for me. Just push it forward or backwards a little.:thumbsup:
I also thought of taping something to the side of the buckle, like a "cushion".

jtmachen 09-16-2011 06:02 PM

Re: passenger seat noise
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TalPA (Post 434427)
They can slide the armrest over a bit...Mine did it for awhile, they fixed it, but it has slid back a bit....

I have the same issue. there is about a 1/2 in gap between the seatback and the console on the drivers side, but no gap at all on the passenger side. The leater rubbing against leather creaking gets frustrating. My dealer says they are all like that, how did you move your center console over?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community