Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Qudralift question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/qudralift-question-23790.html)

jp467 05-29-2011 10:44 PM

Qudralift question

I was just out looking at my jeep. I have not driven it in a couple days and it seems the front end is down about an inch. I measured it from the ground to the bottom of the fender( the black plastic molding) and it is 33 inches. I also noticed one day last week I had it parked on an incline for about a half hour and when I started it the front end came up a little bit. I just hope I don't have something staring to go wrong with the suspension again. I already have a nice scratch on the front bumper from when they replaced the compressor.

Wilco 05-30-2011 07:16 AM

Re: Qudralift question

I came out of a store yesterday after 1/2 hr of shopping and found mine in OR1??? I'm walking across the parking lot looking at it thinking it looked high, got in and found it at OR1. I don't know how or why, but I know it wasn't at that height when I got out.

Frank TJ 05-30-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 422201)
I was just out looking at my jeep. I have not driven it in a couple days and it seems the front end is down about an inch. I measured it from the ground to the bottom of the fender( the black plastic molding) and it is 33 inches. I also noticed one day last week I had it parked on an incline for about a half hour and when I started it the front end came up a little bit. I just hope I don't have something staring to go wrong with the suspension again. I already have a nice scratch on the front bumper from when they replaced the compressor.

Mine tries to auto level when parked in my driveway. Sometimes the front or rear is lower or higher then normal setting depending on which direction I park it.

Ken Jacobs 05-30-2011 08:41 AM

I will on occasion see the front end raise up when the jeep is started. I do not get any message.

kaflyboy 05-30-2011 12:12 PM

After the jeep sits for about 10 minutes it lowers about an inch. Was leaning against the front yesterday and it started lowering.

Sharptail 05-30-2011 02:52 PM

I believe that a little bit of adjustment after being parked is normal. I got the same effect in my previous (air sprung) vehicle.

I have observed that with the Jeep QL system the adjustment may be either up or down. This makes sense, if you heat the air (nitrogen) it will expand and raise the ride height. Come out of a cool garage, take a short trip and park in the hot sun and the suspension will rise a little. Conversely, if you have been driving for a while and the nitrogen is already hot from repeated compression then parking the Jeep will cause the nitrogen to cool and shrink. I believe that within a few minutes of the truck being shut off, the QL system just closes all the valves and waits.

Sharptail

Snipe315 05-30-2011 03:00 PM

It might be a normal adjustment or it might be the beginnings of Quadra-Lift problems.

The only way to know for sure is it either take it to a dealership and check for error codes or to wait and see if more problems happen.

MikeD 05-30-2011 03:38 PM

I don't think it's a problem, mine does the same thing. Also my Parent's have an old Range Rover and Merc GL450 both with air suspension and they both settle a little after being parked.

mjw930 05-30-2011 04:16 PM

+1 on the settling, my last 3 vehicles, all with air suspension would settle after about 5 or 10 minutes once parked. Most of the time they drop but some times they have raised.

It's a combination of factors and is exaggerated if you park on an incline. Most driveways slope down to the street and in this situation the front will usually always drop once it's settled.

I had an issue with a steep drive at the in-laws where it would raise the rear to match the front and end up in the first off road setting. Did it with the Cayenne, Touareg and now my WK2.

CherokeeGuy 06-10-2011 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilco (Post 422276)
I came out of a store yesterday after 1/2 hr of shopping and found mine in OR1??? I'm walking across the parking lot looking at it thinking it looked high, got in and found it at OR1. I don't know how or why, but I know it wasn't at that height when I got out.

I've found mine mysteriously in OR1 a few times.... Hasn't happened in a couple months, so I don't know what caused it....