Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Huh?? What just happened to my Jeep??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/huh-what-just-happened-to-my-jeep-23802.html)

Blueflame1979 05-30-2011 02:47 AM

Huh?? What just happened to my Jeep???

Hello everybody, I experienced my first problem the other day on my brand new Pre- owned Jeep Grand Cherokee Lauredo that I purchased from my local reliable yet shisty Jeep Dealership. On two occassions while I was backing up my Jeep shut completely. I immeadeatly panicked! Then I was able to start it up just fine.

the Jeep has to close to 68,000 miles on it, Is this the beginning of some headaches? Im new to cars and even newer to Jeeps, What are your thoughts about this? Could it be something serious? Can I still drive it until next week when Im able to take it to the mechanic?

StoneCold 05-30-2011 03:34 AM

Re: Huh?? What just happened to my Jeep???

Try the 'key dance' to see if you get any codes. Possibly your crankshaft sensor for one thing.

Turn the ignition on so that all the electrics light up (but dont actually turn the enigine over) then turn off. Do this three times and on the last time dont turn it off. You should then see any fault codes displayed on the odometer. If they're aren't any it will just say 'done'.

Blueflame1979 05-30-2011 04:21 AM

I copy that.. Thanx, I saw this on the tips section as well. I had a question about this, do the Dealerships or mechanics come up with these same codes when a vehicle is taken to them to be checked out? What I mean is that someone suggested Id take it to autozone to see if any codes came up. But if I can do it myself then by all means.

Scottina06 05-30-2011 08:05 AM

check the tranny fluid and then fill it completely full if its not already

StoneCold 05-30-2011 01:48 PM

Also do what Scott said. The dealer will pull the same codes, but in some cases you'll need someone with a scanner to get into the codes further.

Blueflame1979 05-30-2011 02:12 PM

Yeah, So I did the famous key Dance and the winner wassssss.
...... DTC report...Done... So no codes came up, but my last option is to take it to a shop and have them scan it. I already took it to the Dealership( I have more trust riding in the passenger seat while a blind man is driving then trusting them) and they said it had nothing. They even stood in total disbelief as if I was making this story up. How Dare those A$$H8L3s..I heard some shops run that scanner check for free, Which sounds like my kind of pricerange.

Blueflame1979 05-30-2011 02:19 PM

By the way Scottina Im in love with those black rims.. They're Killer Mannnn...