Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Can someone help with "Transmission Over Temp" ?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/can-someone-help-with-transmission-over-temp-23809.html)

newofoundxglory 05-30-2011 11:41 AM

Can someone help with "Transmission Over Temp" ??

Can someone please help with some actual information? I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 5.7 HEMI in it. Last night as I was driving home from work my instrument panel lit up with "Transmission Over Temp" and stayed on for about 30 seconds or so. But as i was driving there was somewhat of a buzzing or humming sound coming from it. I didnt have much more to drive so I drove it all the way home and let it sit for about an hour or two and went back out in it and drove it to work this morning and the light never came back on and everything seems to be running fine. Any suggestions as to why this may have happened or if it could just have been a one time fluke type thing? I haven't the slightest clue as to what to do and would greatly appreciate some advice from someone...

Chaoul1 05-30-2011 12:21 PM

Re: Can someone help with "Transmission Over Temp" ??

First check the Tranny Fluid! See if it's low, dirty, or smells burnt. That's what I would do and go from there.

newofoundxglory 05-30-2011 12:25 PM

Yea... I reckon I should've posted that earlier... I checked the fluid and its all fine... got enough... still clear red and doesnt have any burnt smell or anythin to that sort.

Chaoul1 05-30-2011 12:27 PM

If you checked it with the car running and the level is fine then you should be good. Our Jeeps are known for doing stupid things! FYI LOL!

jeepgcoman 05-30-2011 12:31 PM

Has the shift schedule (timing) or quality (firmness) changed recently? Any lag or "oozing" into gear when shifting from drive to reverse and vice versa, or is it firm?

newofoundxglory 05-30-2011 01:59 PM

It really seems to be shifting fine and doesnt really lag or anythin when goin into reverse and drive and so on... there is however a small kind of clicking for the first couple seconds when putting it into drive...

Harrison@Stage6 05-30-2011 02:28 PM

How long had you been driving it? Mine flashes occasionally. It's an electrical glitch. I talked to BuilderBill about it and his has done it too. He has had it happen while watching his DashHawk and the temps went from 190,320,270,250, back to normal. Mine did it 5 mins. after starting it in the morning so I know if was a glitch. If you had been driving it for a long period of time then I would worry about it. Jeeps are notorious for electrical gremlins!

Blueflame1979 05-30-2011 02:48 PM

According to The Dealership where I bought My Jeep at, The Manager said, and these were his exact words" Well, Jeeps tend to Misbehave sometimes, until you take them to the shop, sort of like kids when you take them to the doctor" Believe me, I wouldn't be wasting my time 4 days later after I drove out with the vehicle to bring it back to them so they can check it out because My Jeep had a mind of it's own....So I replied" how about my Jeep misbehaves right through your stores' front windows", All I heard was silence.

4.whoa 05-30-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflame1979 (Post 422461)
So I replied" how about my Jeep misbehaves right through your stores' front windows", All I heard was silence.

:D sweet

Blueflame1979 05-30-2011 04:34 PM

How sweet it is Bro.. I tried to get this pic up but for some reason It was acting up, but something like this link ran across my mind. Time to turn the tables on em...

http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi...1090410&Ref=AR

05WK 05-30-2011 04:49 PM

Well as far as my tranny goes, the NAG1, there is a recall of sorts on the electrical seal on our transmissions. Thats where mine started leaking from and it stumped even the tranny shop at first. That may be causing the problems