Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   Limited grille v. Overland grille - what's the difference? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/limited-grille-v-overland-grille-whats-the-difference-23905.html)

MJRLaw 06-01-2011 07:55 PM

Limited grille v. Overland grille - what's the difference?

Does anyone have a direct head on shot of either both? What's the difference? I've heard of people making the swap - just want to see what I'm missing.
:thumbsup:

ColdCase 06-01-2011 08:22 PM

Re: Limited grille v. Overland grille - what's the difference?

3 Attachment(s)
Limited has black vertical slats behind the chrome slotted grill, overland has black egg crate, matching the below bumper grill. Summit has chrome plated egg crate. If you browse some of the dealer site photos you should be able to pick up the difference, but I think you need to view the car live to get a decent perspective.

MJRLaw 06-01-2011 08:30 PM

That's awesome - yea I was killing some time the other morning dropping mine at the dealership. I love my truck, but seeing the 20"'s and some of the other colors on the lot had me sweating a little.

1200RT-P 06-01-2011 11:53 PM

i'm assuming people have swapped grills. i really like the look of the overland (non summit) grill. tough swap?

ColdCase 06-02-2011 05:38 AM

I don't have the reference handy, but someone on this forum wrote up the instructions.

jeep2011 06-02-2011 11:22 AM

You have to remove the entire front bumper and lights. I had mine swapped and it was $65 at the dealers body shop. Well worth me not spending 4hrs on it.

TJJR1960 06-02-2011 08:25 PM

I have a new Overland grill did the swap today to Sumit make me a reasonable offer and I will ship it out

MJRLaw 06-02-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJJR1960 (Post 424202)
I have a new Overland grill did the swap today to Sumit make me a reasonable offer and I will ship it out

I honestly don't even know what a reasonable offer would be.... Is it just the grill or is any of the assembly painted? PM me if you have an idea of what you want for it.

fastbreak 06-03-2011 12:04 AM

I just joined the forum and would be very interested in your overland grille, if you do not have it sold. How much are you looking for $.
Thanks.

MJRLaw 06-03-2011 06:57 AM

Hold on there fastbreak- I got dibs on this one :)

lweisenb 06-03-2011 07:20 AM

I know I've seen it before but can't find it now, does someone have the summit grill part number handy.

Hit a deer this weekend and need a new grill, might as well have them order the summit.

DJGeyer 06-03-2011 09:57 AM

I changed out my grille on my Laredo X for the non Summit grille, and it looks fantastic! Paid $287 for the grille and $95 to install...