Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   UConnect problems with Samsung Galaxy (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/uconnect-problems-with-samsung-galaxy-23911.html)

Parrot 06-01-2011 08:29 PM

UConnect problems with Samsung Galaxy

I apologize if this has been asked but I did not see anything when I did a quick search for Samsung Galaxy and UConnect.

The UConnect worked fine with a Blackberry Tour. I switched to the Samsung Galaxy and the problems began. When I run through the pairing process, the phone pairs and will show connected. On occasion, I can hit the steering wheel phone button and call the number I speak (phonebook will not download), but the call plays through the phone not through the radio (RBZ). Again, on occasion, the radio display will show the display the number called. Most times when I can get UConnect to make a call, it only dials and terminates the call. Other times, the phone shows paired and connected but UConnect will not do anything. My phone will pair, connect and make calls through the UConnect on another Jeep with the 430N.

When I call the UConnect toll free number, they tell me that the phone isn't on the compatibility list my RBZ or the 430N and that I should get an error message on the screen. No error message at any time.

I took it into the local dealer and received a "we don't know." The service technician said he is researching it with "Star," whatever that is.

Any help or suggestions?

2005JGC 06-02-2011 02:35 AM

Re: UConnect problems with Samsung Galaxy

well that is crappy... only because I just purchased a galaxy S... not that I have uconnect or plan on getting it any time soon, but it was nice having a phone to test customer vehicles as required.

www.Jeep.com has ALL that you want to know, the "for owners" tab at the top is where I got this information. There is a couple problems that techs face with phone paring, mainly all diagnostic information "given" to techs is "look in e-files for a phone compatibility list" so you go look in e-files and find a compatibility list dated 07-09 (or something like that). NOWHERE does it mention ON THE MANUFACTURER WEBSITE is your answer. I have had the same issue, an obvious phone issue because my old phone paired to the vehicle just fine, but the customer said they called and were told the phone wasnt a the problem that it was compatible so naturally my outdated printoff didnt satisfy them and I made a starcase, which for your information would just be a tech contacting a higher power ;) . This would be done to see if there is known unpublished, or unpublic information on common issues showing up.

if you go to the jeep website you can pull up the "bluetooth phone compatibility test results" link in the middle of the page. You will see the galaxy S SCHi500 (the part number off my phone) along with all other part numbers wiki had for the galaxy S, were NOT on the compatibility list.

You need a different phone, sorry.

ENFORCER 06-02-2011 05:08 AM

Have you updated your phones software and the 430's firmware ?
It would be a good idea to have a look at the updates available to fix it yourself.

Parrot 06-02-2011 09:58 AM

I checked the Jeep Owners' site, thanks for the info. While it does not list the Galaxy as a compatible phone for the RBZ, it also says that the Galaxy isn't compatible with the 430N and I have used the UConnect without any problems in the GF's jeep. Are the 2 systems' UConnect or BT components that different?

Parrot 06-04-2011 03:45 PM

And today, out of the blue, UConnect paired, connected and functioned as it should with my phone. I have no clue how, why or if it will continue to work.

CherokeeGuy 06-10-2011 03:50 AM

Did your phone have a software update by any chance?

When I had my old WK, my Uconnect worked fine with my old Motorola. When I got my iPhone 3G, it was a disaster. The system recognized my phone, and my phone listed UConnect as a Bluetooth pairing...by no audio worked during calls. I called Chrysler several times, as well as my dealer, and finally Apple...no luck. Everybody said the other system was a fault. magically after 6 months and software updates on both ends, it started to work.

My recommendation is to keep your phone updated to the latest system.
I've had no issues with and iPhone4 and a 430N RHB...except for it taking ages to answer even after I hit accept...No improvement noticed with the latest radio and phone updates.

Good luck!

TalPA 06-10-2011 12:28 PM

How do you update the 430 firmware?

CherokeeGuy 06-10-2011 02:20 PM

Burn a CD....there's a thread all about it.
dckcentuar posted this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rjw4hyrcaay958k

I burned a CD, and it worked fine....took about 30minutes.

TalPA 06-10-2011 06:49 PM

Update complete and now my Droid2 now finally works with the UConnect..??????????? :lol:

CherokeeGuy 06-10-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalPA (Post 428793)
Update complete and now my Droid2 now finally works with the UConnect..??????????? :lol:

Sweet! Glad it worked :)

cbrain 06-25-2013 10:35 AM

You could tell in more detail how to do the update

Thanks

johnitv 04-02-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherokeeGuy (Post 428667)
Burn a CD....there's a thread all about it.
dckcentuar posted this link:
RHB_E_23_4

I burned a CD, and it worked fine....took about 30minutes.

Do you think that this downloaded update might possible work on a 430RBZ U-Connect system (installed on my 2011 Durango)?