Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Question on Installing a RES radio in a WJ

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  mopar01bk 
#1 · (Edited)
Question on Installing a RES radio in a WJ - HELP NEEDED

Im installing a RES radio in my Jeep WJ my question is making the steering wheel controls work with the radio is it in the wire harness it self or do i have to connect it to the wiring harness , and if anyone has a good description for the wire harness for the RES radio

#2 ·
its controlled through the PCI bus, single wire connector

#3 ·
on my wj the wire is separate do i need to buy a pac controller to make it work

#4 ·
shouldnt need to, should just plug right in.. are you sure its an RES? i looked on wjjeeps and couldnt find that model number

#5 ·
It's an res for an 08 jeep grandcherokee I custom to fit it in my wj just having a problem with hooking up my steering wheel controls

#6 ·
oooh, ok, ya then you might have to get the pac controller to do that or just forget them completly, the res runs off of a high speed CAN-Bus controller and the radio controls on the wheel are low speed PCI-bus controlled, might be a tricky upgrade

#7 ·
does anyone know the color of the 12 volt accessory wire color on a 07-up harness

#9 ·
wiring harness need help, i connect the wiring harness in vehicle and connect the ground with the car off no key in ignition my amp and radio turn on and off
im using a metra 70-1817 for the stock wj harness and a
metra 71-6522 for the 08 res radio i will try to post a pick of the harness

#10 ·
#11 · (Edited)
the can bus (+) is pink , can bus (-) is blue with pink stripe
12 volt constant is yellow , 12 volt accessory is red

#12 ·
Are we going to get to see any pics of that RES mounted up in your WJ?

#13 ·
As soon as i get the wiring fixed and cut an inch out of my surround bezel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.